not_so_new
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Dec 29, 2007
- Messages
- 1,554
With these numbers in Michigan I am surprised that McCain would throw in the towel. These are not that far out from other important swing states are they?
Michigan
October 2 - PPP (D) Obama by 10 (51%-41%)
September 25 - Strategic Vision (R): Obama by 3 (48%-45%)
September 25 - Detroit Free Press: Obama by 13 (51%-38%)
September 25 - National Journal/FD: Obama by 8 (47%-39%)
September 25 - NBC/Mason-Dixon: Tied (46%-46%)
September 25 - EPIC-MRA: Obama by 10 (48%-38%)
Florida (27)
October 1 - Suffolk/WSVN: Obama by 4 (46%-42%)
October 1 - CNN/Time: Obama by 4 (51%-47%)
October 1 - InAdv/PollPosition: Obama by 3 (49%-46%)
October 1 - Quinnipiac: Obama by 8 (51%-43%)
September 30 - PPP (D): Obama by 3 (49%-46%)
September 29 - FOX News/Rasmussen: Tied (47%-47%)
September 29 - SurveyUSA: McCain by 1 (48%-47%)
To put it a different way... based on these numbers isn't it just as logical for McCain to drop out of New Hampshire or Florida then? I know Florida is a bigger deal but... Michigan? That is huge.
I think I am not making my point very well. Shouldn't McCain have stuck around in Michigan? What does he know that these numbers are not telling us because these numbers are not too far out there... are they?
To answer my question, I guess that McCain is just falling back to a fireline in other states knowing he can't win Florida and Michigan both.
Michigan
October 2 - PPP (D) Obama by 10 (51%-41%)
September 25 - Strategic Vision (R): Obama by 3 (48%-45%)
September 25 - Detroit Free Press: Obama by 13 (51%-38%)
September 25 - National Journal/FD: Obama by 8 (47%-39%)
September 25 - NBC/Mason-Dixon: Tied (46%-46%)
September 25 - EPIC-MRA: Obama by 10 (48%-38%)
Florida (27)
October 1 - Suffolk/WSVN: Obama by 4 (46%-42%)
October 1 - CNN/Time: Obama by 4 (51%-47%)
October 1 - InAdv/PollPosition: Obama by 3 (49%-46%)
October 1 - Quinnipiac: Obama by 8 (51%-43%)
September 30 - PPP (D): Obama by 3 (49%-46%)
September 29 - FOX News/Rasmussen: Tied (47%-47%)
September 29 - SurveyUSA: McCain by 1 (48%-47%)
To put it a different way... based on these numbers isn't it just as logical for McCain to drop out of New Hampshire or Florida then? I know Florida is a bigger deal but... Michigan? That is huge.
I think I am not making my point very well. Shouldn't McCain have stuck around in Michigan? What does he know that these numbers are not telling us because these numbers are not too far out there... are they?
To answer my question, I guess that McCain is just falling back to a fireline in other states knowing he can't win Florida and Michigan both.