• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Nightline Debate: Does Satan Exist?

kurious_kathy said:
Okay Mr critical thinker,
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
What about all the archeological evidence?
What about all the scientific proof?
You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!

Satan is so cunning at his game he has blinded you to the proof that God does exist, but I am praying God will open your eyes before it is too late for you!

Please show some evidence to support your claims. Since you haven't, we reserve the right to disregard your claims.
 
Okay Mr critical thinker,
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?

Which ones, war, there has always been war.

What about all the archeological evidence?

Which is none.

What about all the scientific proof?

Which again is none.

You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!

No, you buy into things by people who lie, if it weren't for that, they would have nothing.

Satan is so cunning at his game he has blinded you to the proof that God does exist, but I am praying God will open your eyes before it is too late for you!

Which you still haven't proved to exit, so-called god, that can't get anything right, and so-called Satan.

Paul

:) :) :)
 

No, the prophecies she's talking about are all in Revelations.




Obviously.

No, seriously though. If make enough prophecies, some of them are going to be right. But even if those are, it's not because you said it would happen. It's because probability is on your side. But what about the vast numbers of unfulfilled prophecies?

EDIT: Ah, it's not quoting the entire thing. Ah, well. You know what I'm talking about.
 
No, the prophecies she's talking about are all in Revelations.




Obviously.

No, seriously though. If make enough prophecies, some of them are going to be right. But even if those are, it's not because you said it would happen. It's because probability is on your side. But what about the vast numbers of unfulfilled prophecies?

EDIT: Ah, it's not quoting the entire thing. Ah, well. You know what I'm talking about.


Actually, the argument both she and her husband have put forward regarding prophecies is even worse than that. Usually they will point to Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah and the lot to show how they predicted the coming of Jesus Christ. Then they will point to the New Testament to show how all of the prophecies were fulfilled. Incredible!

Not.
 
Hokulele said:
Actually, the argument both she and her husband have put forward regarding prophecies is even worse than that. Usually they will point to Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah and the lot to show how they predicted the coming of Jesus Christ. Then they will point to the New Testament to show how all of the prophecies were fulfilled. Incredible!

Not.

1) KK's husband is on here?
2) ...
3) Wow. That is some of the most circular logic I have ever seen.

The Bible has been edited. People probably went back and added in those prophecies anyway. And even if people actually did make those prophecies, they're still wrong, because Jesus was not the Messiah. If he did actually exist, he was just a philosopher who either a) passed himself off as the Savior for his own reasons or b) got called the Messiah by his followers because he had such great thinkin' powers.
 
Yes, her husband posts here as Christian Dude. He was the one who started the monstrosity known as "The Truth About Christianity Blah Blah Blah".

Strangely enough, they weren't as impressed with the fact that Harry Potter managed to fulfill all of the prophecies about him in the series of books chronicling his adventures. I guess using fiction to prove fiction only works for the bible...
 
Actually, the argument both she and her husband have put forward regarding prophecies is even worse than that. Usually they will point to Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah and the lot to show how they predicted the coming of Jesus Christ. Then they will point to the New Testament to show how all of the prophecies were fulfilled. Incredible!

Not.

Jesus proved who he was and there is plenty of historical evidence for the life of Christ. I suggest you endevour more on finding the proof you seek, as I already know these facts are true. Jesus is not hiding if you are truly open and seeking him he will make himself known to you. I can't give you what I have, but I can point the way to the one has the answers you still need to find.
 
Jesus proved who he was and there is plenty of historical evidence for the life of Christ. I suggest you endevour more on finding the proof you seek, as I already know these facts are true. Jesus is not hiding if you are truly open and seeking him he will make himself known to you. I can't give you what I have, but I can point the way to the one has the answers you still need to find.

No, he didn't.

Give us proof or go away.

And, as I have said, the "open your heart and all will become clear" schtick is getting really, really old, as it is self-evidently nonsense.
 
Jesus proved who he was and there is plenty of historical evidence for the life of Christ. I suggest you endevour more on finding the proof you seek, as I already know these facts are true. Jesus is not hiding if you are truly open and seeking him he will make himself known to you. I can't give you what I have, but I can point the way to the one has the answers you still need to find.

Rhetoric –noun
1. (in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast.
2. the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or
verse, including the figures of speech.
3. the study of the effective use of language.
4. the ability to use language effectively.
5. the art of prose in general as opposed to verse.
6. the art of making persuasive speeches; oratory.
7. (in classical oratory) the art of influencing the thought and conduct of an
audience.
8. (in older use) a work on rhetoric.
 
Jesus proved who he was and there is plenty of historical evidence for the life of Christ.


Bare assertion, not convincing.

I suggest you endevour more on finding the proof you seek, as I already know these facts are true.


I am not seeking proof as I already know that some of the facts are true, and quite a number of them are false. I only request evidence when people make claims and insist those claims should apply to me. And considering you have shown a serious lack of intellectual courage required to even look at any evidence that goes contrary to your opinions, forgive me for not taking your suggestions very seriously.

Jesus is not hiding if you are truly open and seeking him he will make himself known to you.


He isn't hiding, all of the evidence points to his being dead.

I can't give you what I have, but I can point the way to the one has the answers you still need to find.


Why do you assume I need to find any answers? I encourage you to contact me next week when you arrive on Maui and I would be more than happy to show you that my life doesn't have anything lacking.

Well, one minor correction, my life does lack the overwhelming fear and terror that is evident in so many of your posts.
 
P.S. I just conversed with my hubby who understands scripture better than I do and he says you must make the distinction between Gehenna as Hell and Hades is Sheole the holding place which will be gone once people are judged and sent to hell. In the King James they translated everything as hell but if you go back and look at the Greek and Hebrew you will discover there are very big differences. Check that out!
Wikipedia does go along with what you have written here in your post concerning the distinction. It says that the dead are in hades up until the judgment, them get tossed into gehenna.
Here is a quote from Wikipedia on gehenna:
"Gehenna is cited in the New Testament and in early Christian writing to represent the final place where the wicked will be punished or destroyed after resurrection." It seems to allow a difference of opinion between the damned being destroyed, or being further punished. I go with the former and think the latter is difficult to support for a couple of reasons.
I think Jesus was speaking metaphoricaly about undying worms. I doubt that literal worms are going to be living in a fire.
It also seems inconsistent with what we would sense as being justice. An eternal suffering for everyone may be unfair if someone who lived a decent life gets the same punishment as a serial killer.
God wiping away all tears would not be an accurate statement if there were people living inside a fire. Also it would be difficult for the people not in the fire to be especially happy knowing their unsaved loved ones were over the hill being cooked.
I think God puts a final end to all evil, otherwise what is the purpose of it all. God wants to make a total restoration of the world to where it should have been if there had not been the introduction of sin. That would not include a hell parked somewhere on the planet.
You probably represent the majority opinion among Christians so I do not want to be harsh in my criticism. I have a different opinion but I do not think it is a result of lack of faith but how I was taught in my particular church.
 
Okay Mr critical thinker,
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
What about all the archeological evidence?
What about all the scientific proof?
You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!
Please, if you think you have something to offer that is worthy of critical thought and analysis, start one new thread per topic with titles like:
Prophesies fulfilled in scripture

Archaeological Evidence for [Insert something like 'God' or 'Jesus' or 'Satan]

Scientific proof for [Insert something like 'God' or 'Jesus' or 'Satan']​

Otherwise, please resist the urge to make vacuous claims

TYIA :)
 
Last edited:
No, I believe he uses Satan to test peoples hearts and minds.

Why does he need to test people's hearts and minds? According to you (and correct me if I'm wrong), God loves us all and will accept us into heaven if we accept him. What is the point of these tests?

Why does he use Satan when he could do it himself? Does he just not want the bad PR?

Why are innocent people hurt in the test of someone else?

God has promised to forgive us our sins when we ask him too. How do you think someone comes to this point of accepting God's grace? I know it's a supernatural gift that God grants repentance to some of us, but how do you view it? Do you think people can even come to this point in their life without God drawing them?

I don't think anyone comes to this point as I do not believe there is a God.
 
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
You mean when the people writing works of fiction made their stories conform to ancient prophecies?

What about all the archeological evidence?
Such as?

What about all the scientific proof?
Such as?

You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!
What things?

Satan is so cunning at his game he has blinded you to the proof that God does exist, but I am praying God will open your eyes before it is too late for you!
And I hope that Santa brings you that pony for Christmas.
 
Okay Mr critical thinker

Nice put down. Unfortunately it does not advance your argument.

What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
What about all the archeological evidence?
What about all the scientific proof?

What about it? You have not provided one shred of evidence for any of this except "it's in the bible".
 
Okay Mr critical thinker,
What about all the prophesies fullfilled in scripture?
What fullfilled scriptures?
What about all the archeological evidence?
what archeological evidence?
What about all the scientific proof?
what scientific proof?
You are really not using your critical thinking skills if you have ignored the things!
There's nothing to ignore as you have never presented any such things.


Satan is so cunning at his game he has blinded you to the proof that God does exist, but I am praying God will open your eyes before it is too late for you!
KK, this is rather arrogant. You actually beleive you aren't the blinded one when you can't even make one single reasoned argument?
 
Actually, the argument both she and her husband have put forward regarding prophecies is even worse than that. Usually they will point to Daniel, Ezekiel, Zechariah and the lot to show how they predicted the coming of Jesus Christ. Then they will point to the New Testament to show how all of the prophecies were fulfilled. Incredible!

Not.
"For neither can live while the other survives" Came true as well!!!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom