six7s
veretic
- Joined
- Jun 17, 2007
- Messages
- 8,716
Dear Ethnikos,That's understandable. I tell this story by speaking in the third person and then from the first person as an Earthling, then the first person of an other-world inhabitant. Not really all that happy with it, but don't really want to write a book.
This is the same story I was telling in a couple of other threads. I just changed it from being an objective view of describing it, to a personal subjective telling of it.
It is my way of trying to answer one of those problems about God, specifically why God allows evil to exist. The way I explain it is that Satan is restricted, at present, to this one planet. He has been allowed to continue to prove that his system only leads to bad things and we would have been better off without him ever getting involved. It's pretty much gotten to a point where the results can be calculated and the test ended. The idea is that the spirit of rebellion will end with the final judgement against Satan. Meanwhile, there are people on other planets who are going to wait for the results because long ago, when Satan was Lucifer, he was allowed to travel freely and many had heard his message and may be wanting to accept it, if it seemed to work out the way he claimed it should.
No, I did not invent this concept of us being a showcase for the alternative to being obedient. You can see KK's comment where she says that Satan is an example of what not to be. The theory I am advocating just takes that a step further by saying that Satan is an example, for everyone, not just people on this planet who are suffering the ill affects of disobedience.
What I was talking about earlier concerning inventing devils has to do with making Satan in the image of people we want to be persecuted. I do not think I am doing that. Unless I am demonizing free willers'. I am about sick of hearing this everywhere, more than I can remember anyone ever talking about it in the past. I do not think it is a good thing to imagine we have free will. Adam and Eve had free will and traded it for something else. They learned to tell the difference between good and evil, but not how to be able to always do the good. God has to give us the desire to be good, meaning we are not saved by our seeking God, but by God seeking us.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to reply to my questions
Alas, I have no idea what you mean
Do you?
Yours sincerely
six7s