• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Libertarian promotes free energy device

Electrical power measurements, via (many kinds of) meter readings rather than via conversion to mechanical or thermal effects, are more disputable. Determining the (mathematically) real power available from voltage and current measurements can be tricky if either or both are very different from DC or constant-frequency sinusoidal variations. I'm led to believe that such power-factor calculation mistakes on "dirty" waveforms are common errors in over-unity circles. This is what I meant by "meter reading rumors that [power] passed by".

Of course, if that electrical power is real and useful, then it can be, you know, used... to produce unambiguosly measurable mechanical or thermal effects, entirely sidestepping the whole problem of power-factor measurement and correction.



Yeah, that's what I was thinking. 10MW of electrical power can be demonstrated quite clearly, without any need for meters or other measurements that need to be interpreted - just show the box powering a massive bank of spotlights, or if the "waveform" is wrong, just powering a massive resistive heater. A big block of iron with a current running through it doesn't give a crap about "waveforms".
 
If we assume the "cubic foot" magic generator was 99% efficient, that means 100kW of waste heat. If we assume the box has the characteristics of carbon steel, then its volume is 27 litres and mass is ~200kg; at 0.5kJ/kgK and a melting point of 1,500°C that's 25 minutes until it reaches melting point. Then it liquefies at about 400g/s.
 
Last edited:
(my emphasis)
Electrical power measurements, via (many kinds of) meter readings rather than via conversion to mechanical or thermal effects, are more disputable. Determining the (mathematically) real power available from voltage and current measurements can be tricky if either or both are very different from DC or constant-frequency sinusoidal variations. I'm led to believe that such power-factor calculation mistakes on "dirty" waveforms are common errors in over-unity circles. This is what I meant by "meter reading rumors that [power] passed by".

Of course, if that electrical power is real and useful, then it can be, you know, used... to produce unambiguosly measurable mechanical or thermal effects, entirely sidestepping the whole problem of power-factor measurement and correction.

If that electrical power is "real" but somehow not useful in any extant devices for making work or heat apparent, we'll probably need a reason to care. The Zorkmid bills I can print in my garage won't make me rich until they can buy something.


Highly accurate power meters are ubiquitous. Most homes have one attached at the utility feed for billing purposes and they are very good at measuring real, delivered energy.

For non-standard power one just measures current and voltage and integrates the product over time. Lots of ways to do that as accurately as one needs. Of course scamsters may just hook up an RMS current and voltmeter and claim stuff. You can't fix stupid.
 
Last edited:
Highly accurate power meters are ubiquitous. Most homes have one attached at the utility feed for billing purposes and they are very good at measuring real, delivered energy.

The ones used for billing purposes are highly accurate when measuring the power conveyed by sine-waves with frequency of around 50 to 60 Hertz, operating within a very limited voltage range, and have a relatively small phase-angle.

You slap one of those on an overunity device that's producing a complex mixture of square wave ranging from 1,000 Hertz 10,000 Hertz with extremely variable voltage and a very high phase angle, and you're going to get inaccurate results.
 
The ones used for billing purposes are highly accurate when measuring the power conveyed by sine-waves with frequency of around 50 to 60 Hertz, operating within a very limited voltage range, and have a relatively small phase-angle.

You slap one of those on an overunity device that's producing a complex mixture of square wave ranging from 1,000 Hertz 10,000 Hertz with extremely variable voltage and a very high phase angle, and you're going to get inaccurate results.

Which is exactly why I said this as well:
For non-standard power one just measures current and voltage and integrates the product over time. Lots of ways to do that as accurately as one needs. Of course scamsters may just hook up an RMS current and voltmeter and claim stuff. You can't fix stupid.

Complex, highly reactive voltage/current waveforms are non-standard but power is still easily measured these days. I would expect the average EE undergrad could do the job with readily available equipment.
 
So when do these guys go to an IPO so shares are available. I have a believer in Michael's prognostications who's currently sipping an umbrella drink on his private island - purchased by taking MSuede's silver prognostications and sinking millions in exactly the opposite tactic.

I'd sure like to be able to sell short a few million shares of Blacklight. I'm tired of working. Or are they waiting until the NYSE takes Bitcoin?
 
I may have missed it: has Michael Suede denied making any money from any existing financial links to these companies such that success of these over-unity companies will result in Mr. Suede receiving money or other financial value from them beyond possibly cheaper electricity? I asked before, but I don't think I received a reply to this particular question, just a denial of future financial interests.

Sorry to ask; obviously a financial tie would not prove the technology false (or true) or that Mr. Suede is "a bad man," but the absence or presence of such a link might help me better evaluate his claims. Lots of people invest in technologies that they believe in. Of course, this is only a question and I am not accusing Mr. Suede of any such link. To make it easy to answer, Mr. Suede need only post one if the two choices:

1. Yes, the commercial success of these over-unity companies will result in me receiving financial compensation from them, or

2.No, I have and will have no financial link to these over-unity companies, other than their success may make my electricity cheaper.
 
Last edited:
I wonder why Mr. Suede hasn't approached BL about sinking every dime he owns into purchasing large blocks of private shares? Seems like a no-brainier, considering the spectacular prospects.
 
I posted this in a different thread, but I think it belongs here as well.
.......

YouTube is a collection of

educational videos
hoax videos
entertainment videos
scam videos
commercial-enterprise videos
out-of-focus piano recital videos
and cute kitten videos.

As for being a marketplace of ideas, YouTube is a more of a roadside flea market of ideas than anything else.

....................
If one were hit by a car and broke one's leg, and a disheveled, unwashed man approached one and said, "here take these pills that I made, they will cure your broken leg," one would most certainly decline the offer. However it appears that if the same man showed up, whiped out an iPad, and called up all his YouTube videos, many people lying in the street would take the pills.

...................
Has there ever been an important invention that was described in YouTube videos for years before becoming a useful, profitable device?

Has there ever been an important invention that was described in YouTube videos for years before changing the laws of physics so drastically that all physics textbooks would have to be rewritten?
 
I wonder why Mr. Suede hasn't approached BL about sinking every dime he owns into purchasing large blocks of private shares? Seems like a no-brainier, considering the spectacular prospects.
Yes. If Michael Suede truly believed in Blacklight, wouldn't he invest every bit coin (or other currency) he owned in Blacklight? I would.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom