Slowvehicle
Membership Drive , Co-Ordinator,, Russell's Antin
I am guessing here, that Slowvehicle is speaking loosely, perhaps using idioms not so usual to everyone, and referring to the Christian Canon rather than to some odd variant of Christianity that has hijacked the name "Xtianism." The term "Christianist" has a long history, though its usual current connotation is rather derogatory and implies the use of Christianity as a political weapon. Substituting X for "Christ" in such words is, while bothersome to some, a custom with a long history among both the devout and the faithless.
It is the case that what is usually called the Christian Canon does not inlcude the Mormon scriptures, and it may be that Slowvehicle is remarking that some conflict appears between the Mormon scriptures and other works considered canonical.
Of course, I also suspect that you know this, and are using presumed confusion and feigned literalism as an arguing point to deflect attention from the possibility that Slowvehicle has said something of substance, but ignoring that possibility, and assuming that there is simply a linguistic problem here, I suggest you search instead for the Christian Canon, which will result in lists of the Biblical and Apocryphal works that various religions consider canonical.
As no Christians other than Mormons accept the Mormon canon, this subset is generally either not considered as part of the group, or is appended as a separate subject.
Wikipedia's Canonical book list
Thank you, Bruto. That was well said.
I might make one relatively small request: that you consider a different term than "faithless" to refer to those who do not beleive in 'god', in a 'god', nor in any 'gods'.
I object to the term, "faithless", for at least two reasons:
First, it carries an inherently pejorative connotation, even when posters such as yourself use it in good will (see the definition from RHWUD2, above).
Second, it is, at least in my case, and the cases of others in my experince, inaccurate. There are many things about which I am faithful--I keep promises, I adhere to principles; there are, in fact, causes to which I would dedicate my "life, fortune and honour". It is just that none of those causes, none of those things about which I keep faith, have anything to do with 'god', with a 'god', with anyone's 'god', nor with any 'gods'.
As for an alternative term, there are many: "atheist" works, as does "godless" (which, while intended as a pejorative, is, at least, accurate).
Laying that aside, I offer you thanks, again, for your take on what I have been saying.
If you ever find yourself in the NM High Desert, first round's on me.