You contradict yourself. I accept your claim that you have never said you know everything about the PC Americas, but with a proviso. Based on your statements, including the one hereon, you know everything about the PC Americas as it relates to the Book of Mormon.
This is, simply, a lie, and a lie you keep repeating. Do yourself a favour, and go back, and read what I have actually said, not what you
wish I had said; or what you are prepared to
claim I have said. How odd that your club is so lax on false witness--or is this "legitimate lying for Jesus"?
I will also point out, again, that you
continue your fundamental dishonesty of
editing, of
altering my words, without admitting you have done so.
I am prepared, even eager, to examine any evidence about the pre-colombian americas which you, or anyone else,may present. However, when that "evidence" consists of (for instance) the "Clark Chart", which lists steelmongery as "confirmed" in the pre-colombian americas, not because there is physical evidence of such (forges, mines artifacts, artistic representation, contemporaneous accounts), but because it is "reasonable" to "believe" steelmongery was known in the pre-colombian americas.
Nowhere have I claimed to "know everything" about the pre-colombian americas, and it exposes your desperation to continue to make that false claim; OTH, assiduous reading uncovers not a single creditable bit of evidence that the anachronism of the
BoM are anything but Smith's inventions.
Are you repudiating the claims, put forth in the
BoM, that there was a mighty civilization that "covered the land" for "thousands of years", that incorporated the horse, the cultivation of european grains, the minting of currency, the husbanding of kine and swine, and steelmongery, in the americas, in the time
before the Colombian Exchange? Are those claims and implications
not written into the "most perfect of books", ostensibly from 'god' itself?
If those (and other) anachronisms are not, in fact, in the
BoM, feel free to point that out--although one wonders why it would have taken you nigh on to two years to (finally) advance such an idea.
So please, tell me:
Does the
BoM refer to a civilization that "covered the land" for "thousands of years", in the pre-colombian americas?
Does the
BoM refer to wars waged in chariots, drawn by horses, and fought with steel weapons, in the pre-colombian americas?
Does the
BoM advance the claim that the value of minted currency in the pre-colombian americas was based on the value of barleycorns?
Does the
BoM contain references to kine, and swine, and elephants, in the pre-colombian americas?
Please do not try the dodge that your 'god' does not know the difference between a horse and a tapir, or that Smith (and Moroni) just
got it wrong. If the claims above (and others, equally preposterous) are not, in fact, in the
BoM you would do your club a great service by pursuing those who make the claims in the first place, and demonstrating that those passages are not in the
BoM, instead of continuing to make dishonest arguments about what I have said.
If, (for instance) the
BoM does not, in fact, contain the claim that coinage was minted in the pre-colombian americas, then the lack of evidence of such is no problem. If (for instance) the
BoM does not, in fact, claim that barley was cultivated by a civilization that "covered the land" for "thousands of years" to the point that the value of a barleycorn could be used to set the value of minted currecny,then the utter lack of evidence of barley cultivation throughout the pre-colombian americas is no problem.
Do consider an honest approach.
Your repeated declarations that there is no evidence re. specific passages in the book inexorably leads one to believe that you know everything about those passages in the context of the PC Americas.
It may lead
you to such a belief. A scholar, familiar with the genre, would understand that the phrase, "no evidence has been presented", means just that.
I invite you, as I have all along, to enlighten me. Be so kind as to present actual, physical, practical, non-anecdotal, non-specially pled, empirical evidence, in the hands of actual archaeologists, metallurgists, anthropologists, historians, ethnographers, botanists, biologists, zoologist, and linguists, of the pervasive existence of the anachronisms Smith wrote into the
BoM. I will be fascinated to read your sources.
As a friendly suggestion, do consider making sure your sources actually support your claims; that is, do try to avoid cherry-picking, and quote-mining, and "research"-by-title. Also, as is the practice in honest scholarship, provide links to your primary sources.
The fact is that doesn't happen to be the case. You are wrong, for starters, about some of what you label as anachronisms.
I encourage you to provide evidence for this claim. Be specific; and be aware that (for instance) the
Spencer Lake Horse Hoax and the "
amazingly early date" of the "early1600s" are not, in any honest way, "evidence" of a pervasive horse culture that "covered the land" for "thousands of years" in the pre-colombian americas.
I listed those in an earlier post, but I will list them again later today.
I wonder in what "earlier post" you "listed those".