<snip of much dishonesty, condescension, failure of basic academic niceties, and special pleading>
Hmm.
Nothing left.
I wonder what rhetorical advantage you presume to win for yourself, with your continuing habit of dishonestly editing my posts with no indication that you are not
responding to, but
redacting, my words?
When did you decide dishonesty was the only option left you?
I have asked, repeatedly (and you have dishonestly edited out, with no indication that you were so doing) a serious series of questions. I wonder why you are ignoring them.
Again, I ask in all seriousness:
Would you be so kind as to provide citations to peer-reviewed sources that support the claim that steel was wrought in the pre-colombian americas?
Would you be so kind as to provide citations to peer-reviewed sources that support the claim that mesoamericans demonstrate semitic descent in their DNA?
Would you be so kind as to provide citations to peer-reviewed sources that support the claim that horses were raised and ridden, or that domestic cattle were husbanded, or that domestic pigs were kept, in the pre-colombian americas?
Would you be so kind as to provide citations to peer-reviewed sources that support the claim that domestic barley was cultivated in the pre-colombian americas?
It does you no honor to pretend that the questions stem from an "anti-mormon" approach, as practical, physical, empirical, objective evidence knows no masters, and puts not its faith in 'gods'. There is either evidence for each of these things, or any of these things, or none.
Which is it?
It does you no honor to repeat the lie that the questions stem from a claim you imply that I have made, that I know "all there is to know" about the history of the pre-colombian americas (a claim I have never made or implied); instead of making false accusations, why not produce, or direct me to, whatever evidence you think there has been presented? There has been presented either evidence for each of these things, or any of these things, or none.
Which is it?
I have asked, repeatedly, for you to identify
where in the americas you would have it supposed that the exciting events in the
BoM were to have taken place. You have not even deigned to admit to the question, much less to enlighten me as to the correct understanding of the
BoM take on geography.
I wonder if it is because you are concerned that concrete claims (such as the "language" in which what apologists would sell as the autographic account of "Abraham's time in Egypt") stand or fall on concrete evidence (which has led, for instance, to no actual Egyptologist, hieroglyphicist, historian, archaeologist, anthopologist, or linguist endorsing "reformed Egyptian", or using Smith's "primer" to "translate" any other texts).
I have asked, repeatedly, for you to identify
when you would have it supposed that the exciting events in the
BoM were to have taken place. You have not even deigned to admit to the question, much less to enlighten me as to the correct understanding of the
BoM take on chronology.
I wonder if it is because concrete dates stand or fall on concrete evidence.
At any rate, be so kind as to assert a position in response to the questions you continue to ignore, there's a lad.
Further, be so kind as to observe the least scruple of honesty in redacting my words.
I assume you
missed the analysis of the "Clark Chart" in
LDS I.