• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Lake America"

The only "anti-gun" act of Trump you can point to is when, after the single most-deadly mass shooting in American history, Trump banned the basically useless bump stock (which his own hand-picked pro-2A justices helped overturn).
Trump is a gun grabber. According to the anti-gun people, like you and Trump, almost every single firearm in the USA is too small, too large, too powerful, too useless or too "something". Gun grabbers always have an excuse.

You are confusing the word "simple" with "simplistic."
You are being evasive. Can you point out the pro-gun aspects of his 2018 gun grab?
 
Trump is a gun grabber. According to the anti-gun people, like you and Trump, almost every single firearm in the USA is too small, too large, too powerful, too useless or too "something". Gun grabbers always have an excuse.
Hey he is giving gun rights back to felons that has to count as pro gun right there.
 
Trump is a gun grabber. According to the anti-gun people, like you...
I'm anti-gun? You have no idea how stupid a statement that was.
You are being evasive. Can you point out the pro-gun aspects of his 2018 gun grab?
I'm not being evasive. I am pointedly refusing to answer a question so stupid that I would have refused to answer it even if doing so would not have required me reading the 42-page document that you laughingly expect me to read.
Trump is a gun grabber. According to the anti-gun people, like you and Trump, almost every single firearm in the USA is too small, too large, too powerful, too useless or too "something". Gun grabbers always have an excuse.
Well, I guess I'll take the "gun grabber," who, following the worst mass shooting in American history, had the restraint, despite the political pressure, to just bar a gun accessory good only for indiscriminate shooting into a crowd by an unskilled shooter; the "gun grabber," who, on the other hand, has made it policy to appoint pro-2A judges to all federal courts including three such justices to the Supreme Court, affirmed 2nd Amendment rights to be on a par with all other constitutional rights, appointed the first ever DOJ task force to fight unconstitutional state anti-gun laws, filed the first-ever amicus briefs opposing state gun restrictions, deregulated suppressors and handgun braces, reigned in the ATF, and is heralded by every gun-rights group in the country as the most pro-2A president in modern history.

Against all of this is all you have is „But the bump stocks!”
 
Last edited:
I'm anti-gun? You have no idea how stupid a statement that was.

I'm not being evasive. I am pointedly refusing to answer a question so stupid that I would have refused to answer it even if doing so would not have required me reading the 42-page document that you laughingly expect me to read.

.... who, on the other hand, has made it policy to appoint pro-2A judges to all federal courts including three such justices to the Supreme Court,
Gun grabbers are, by definition, anti-gun. Presidents, like Trump, who propose gun confiscation without due process are extreme anti-gun zealots.

The pdf file I linked to is searchable, refusing to look at it is just lazy.

You do not find it ironic at all that those pro-2A judges overturned Trump's gun grab?
.... heralded by every gun-rights group in the country as the most pro-2A president in modern history.

Against all of this is all you have is „But the bump stocks!”
All of those gun-rights organizations made it clear that grabbing guns was not a deal breaker when it came to supporting Trump's nomination in 2020 and 2024. They are money grubbing subscription services more than they gun rights organizations.

My stance on Trump has always been, "but his anti-gun agenda".
 
Gun grabbers are, by definition, anti-gun. Presidents, like Trump, who propose gun confiscation without due process are extreme anti-gun zealots.

The pdf file I linked to is searchable, refusing to look at it is just lazy.

You do not find it ironic at all that those pro-2A judges overturned Trump's gun grab?

All of those gun-rights organizations made it clear that grabbing guns was not a deal breaker when it came to supporting Trump's nomination in 2020 and 2024. They are money grubbing subscription services more than they gun rights organizations.

My stance on Trump has always been, "but his anti-gun agenda".
Okay, let’s pretend we’re in the First Grade: When you want to decide on which side of an issue someone is on, you have to consider the totality of the evidence. Just because someone did one thing you disagree with doesn’t justify ignoring everything they did (without modern precedence) in favor of the cause you claim to support.

When it comes to support for the Second Amendment, with friends like you, who needs enemies.
 
Last edited:
I disagree. Trump still has a 30% approval rating.
He needs to do more stupid stuff. It will be painful, but removing him now would be premature. Republicans will do it when they feel it's necessary, which is the way it needs to be.
If the amount of stupid stuff he's already done isn't enough for some people, then there will never be enough 'stupid stuff' for them. Just like for some Nazis there was never enough for them to stop supporting Hitler.
 
Okay, let’s pretend we’re in the First Grade: When you want to decide on which side of an issue someone is on, you have to consider the totality of the evidence. Just because someone did one thing you disagree with doesn’t justify ignoring everything they did (without modern precedence) in favor of the cause you claim to support.

When it comes to support for the Second Amendment, with friends like you, who needs enemies.
You have come down firmly on the anti-gun zealot's side. Trump has done or said more than one thing. Why would you give Trump any credit at all for the recent lowering of the NFA taxes? I do not recall seeing Trump pushing for any such thing. As far as I know, a Congresscritter sneaked that into the BBB, without input from Trump.

Trump deserves zero credit for reversing his own gun grab. He could have done that in 2019, but decided to let the courts do it in 2024 to ensure that half a million law abiding Americans lost their property without compensation.

I am greatly in favor of lowering taxes on NFA firearms as I design and make silencers and SBR's.

Some people will disagree, but lowering the tax on NFA firearms in 2026 was not as significant as Obama Administration's executive action that eliminated the CLEO signature requirement in 2016. Prior to 2016, the CLEO signature requirement for individuals who wanted to own NFA firearms was a de facto ban on those kinds of firearms in some jurisdictions.

Prior to 2016, the most common complaint on SubGuns.com was "How do I get the local sheriff to sign my ATF form 4?". But that is history since 41F. https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/FR-2016-01-15/pdf/2016-00192.pdf As far as I know, the BATFE eliminated the CLEO notification requirement without input from Trump.

I have never called for banning any type of firearm nor have I ever expressed any support for gun grabbing politicians. Why are you claiming I am not a friend of the 2nd Amendment? My past on this forum very much indicates that I am "very firearm friendly".
 
it's because your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is too liberal
 
If the amount of stupid stuff he's already done isn't enough for some people, then there will never be enough 'stupid stuff' for them. Just like for some Nazis there was never enough for them to stop supporting Hitler.
Yeah I think his approval rating is just about on par with the MAGA proportion; not too many others though. And those folks will never stray from their Dear Leader.
 
it's because your interpretation of the 2nd amendment is too liberal
How do you define a liberal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment? Do you mean that I am too tolerant of the idea that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms? Or that I side with the liberal democrats and favor the idea that it is a collective right?

Sarcasm? I can rarely tell. :)
 
How do you define a liberal interpretation of the 2nd Amendment? Do you mean that I am too tolerant of the idea that the 2nd Amendment protects an individual right to bear arms? Or that I side with the liberal democrats and favor the idea that it is a collective right?

Sarcasm? I can rarely tell. :)

it’s a play on words joke
 
Apparently we're all thrilled with the name change.

Donald Trump
@realDonaldTrump

People, especially Patriots from the United States of America, love the name change of Lake Ontario to Lake America! The support has been overwhelming, including affirmation from Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Microsoft’s Bing Maps. Since the name change, business on the United States side of the Lake has been absolutely BOOMING! President DONALD J. TRUMP
 
Apparently we're all thrilled with the name change.

Donald Trump
@realDonaldTrump

People, especially Patriots from the United States of America, love the name change of Lake Ontario to Lake America! The support has been overwhelming, including affirmation from Google Maps, Apple Maps, and Microsoft’s Bing Maps. Since the name change, business on the United States side of the Lake has been absolutely BOOMING! President DONALD J. TRUMP
Not according to even YouGov's poll which is overwhelmingly against it.
 
Josh Johnson in front of a live audience of Canadians!
Canadians Can’t Believe They’re Calling It “Lake America” (Josh Johnson on YouTube, Sep 8, 2026 – 48 min.)


26:50–> Josh: But Google, Apple, they did switch over those maps quickly, quickly.
A Canadian: Not in Canada.
Josh: You know what I mean? And it and it's insane to watch not just companies, but actual CEOs, actual owners of companies, people who actually have money, people who are incredibly powerful, bow so quickly to someone who they know. They have these conversations amongst themselves in other rooms that he's not in. They know that he's incompetent. But then in public, they still kiss the ring.
It's a wild thing to watch. It feels crazy.
It feels so crazy. Apple, Google, and then out of nowhere, Map Quest. [cheering] [applause]
Map Quest was like, "NO! Someone has to bring sanity back to maps!"
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom