KillerBob
Muse
Anyone see the NBC fundraiser for hurricane victims earlier this evening?
Kanye West, with an obviously flustered Mike Myers standing beside him, took some shots mainly at the media and Bush.
"George Bush doesn't care about black people.." was the point where NBC cut to a surprised Chris Tucker, who tried to finish the segment.
Story here
Considering the slow response to what's happening in New Orleans, I think the allegations of racism are inevitable and worth exploring. But considering when and where he made his comments, I think it's a major case of wrong time and wrong place.
All I could think of was the sound of thousands of checkbooks being snapped shut at that moment as people suddenly focused on the comment instead of on the people who really need the help.
Does anyone think this was an appropriate soapbox?
Kanye West, with an obviously flustered Mike Myers standing beside him, took some shots mainly at the media and Bush.
"George Bush doesn't care about black people.." was the point where NBC cut to a surprised Chris Tucker, who tried to finish the segment.
Story here
Considering the slow response to what's happening in New Orleans, I think the allegations of racism are inevitable and worth exploring. But considering when and where he made his comments, I think it's a major case of wrong time and wrong place.
All I could think of was the sound of thousands of checkbooks being snapped shut at that moment as people suddenly focused on the comment instead of on the people who really need the help.
Does anyone think this was an appropriate soapbox?