Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.) In the midwest, it is the accordian. (Q: What is the definition of an optimist? A: An accordion player with a pager.)My apologies. BUt you will surprised how many supposedly educated people outside the South think anybody who likes Down Home music is a Klansman in disguise.
God help me I love that movie. And the kid on the banjo was great.So you think anyone who likes or plays bluegrass music is a homosexual until proven otherwise?
(I couldn't resist.)
Obama is more competitive than Kerry was in OH and PA. More whites support Obama than any Dem contender since Carter. Even if you're right about whites in Appalachia not voting for Obama in large numbers because he's black, it simply doesn't matter. Racists are irrelevant in this election.Thanks for the correction. The point is Whites in Appalachia, even the poorest Whites, will never vote for Obama in large numbers. This will still put states like Pennsylvania and Ohio in play for McCain.
Fox News also predicts an Obama blow-out.Obama has money to burn and can keep the McCain campaign occupied everywhere. I doubt Obama will win any southern states, perhaps Florida. The election will be a lot closer than the liberal news media polls predicts.
Then how do you explain Achy Breaky Heart?Country musicians are not stupid people.
Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.) In the midwest, it is the accordian. (Q: What is the definition of an optimist? A: An accordion player with a pager.)
I am from the south, but I really only started to appreciate good banjo playing after hearing "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" in the movie Bonnie and Clyde. I blame the Beverly Hillbillies for this prejudice against banjos.
Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.)
Surely a Klansman in disguise would avert suspicion by playing Negroid jazz music on an elitist French horn?My apologies. BUt you will surprised how many supposedly educated people outside the South think anybody who likes Down Home music is a Klansman in disguise.
MaGZ probably counts Fox as liberal.Fox News also predicts an Obama blow-out.
Well you know Obama is bisexual and he has this thing for Pakistani men.
Kindly tell me what planet you live on.
Kindly tell me what planet you live on.
Well, I see someone's humor detector is broken.
And for the record, I play bluegrass music. And the banjo.
Q: What's a concertina?
A: Kindling for an accordion fire.
The funny part is, it's the same guy playing banjo in both the Hillbillies and Foggy Mountain Breakdown--Earl Scruggs.
I wonder what color the sky is there?
If he tells us can we use the Death Star?? Huh? Huh? Can we?![]()
Mark Twain once said that a gentleman was a man who could play a banjo...but didn't.![]()