• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

It's Over for McCain

Status
Not open for further replies.
This God is NOT endorsing Obama..0r McCain.....

This election The Stars Are Right.....:D
 
My apologies. BUt you will surprised how many supposedly educated people outside the South think anybody who likes Down Home music is a Klansman in disguise.
Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.) In the midwest, it is the accordian. (Q: What is the definition of an optimist? A: An accordion player with a pager.)

I am from the south, but I really only started to appreciate good banjo playing after hearing "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" in the movie Bonnie and Clyde. I blame the Beverly Hillbillies for this prejudice against banjos.

Lawrence Welk has to answer for accordions.
 
Q:Why All The Scots So Brave In Battle:
A: Because They Would Rather Charge the Enemy Then Have To Listen To The Pipes.....
 
So you think anyone who likes or plays bluegrass music is a homosexual until proven otherwise?



(I couldn't resist. :D)
God help me I love that movie. And the kid on the banjo was great.

FTR: I like Blue Grass.
 
Thanks for the correction. The point is Whites in Appalachia, even the poorest Whites, will never vote for Obama in large numbers. This will still put states like Pennsylvania and Ohio in play for McCain.
Obama is more competitive than Kerry was in OH and PA. More whites support Obama than any Dem contender since Carter. Even if you're right about whites in Appalachia not voting for Obama in large numbers because he's black, it simply doesn't matter. Racists are irrelevant in this election.
 
Obama has money to burn and can keep the McCain campaign occupied everywhere. I doubt Obama will win any southern states, perhaps Florida. The election will be a lot closer than the liberal news media polls predicts.
Fox News also predicts an Obama blow-out.
 
Country musicians are not stupid people. (Well, there is that Toby Kieth thing, but look at the chicks he was ragging on. Natalie is freaking gorgeous and bright, and the other two are total eye candy with talent.)

I listen regularly to Thom Hartmann. He uses as bumper music one of Merle Haggard's more recent recordings "I'm taking my country back."

Whoa! When you lose Merle, can Appalachia be far behind?
 
Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.) In the midwest, it is the accordian. (Q: What is the definition of an optimist? A: An accordion player with a pager.)

Q: What's a concertina?
A: Kindling for an accordion fire. :D

I am from the south, but I really only started to appreciate good banjo playing after hearing "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" in the movie Bonnie and Clyde. I blame the Beverly Hillbillies for this prejudice against banjos.

The funny part is, it's the same guy playing banjo in both the Hillbillies and Foggy Mountain Breakdown--Earl Scruggs.
 
Some instruments just seem to gather ridicule. In the UK, it is the bagpipes. (Q: How do you get two bagpipers in tune? A: Shoot one of them.)

Maybe in England, but it is not true for the UK as a whole.

The one I hear most is drummers, as in;

What do you call someone who hangs around with musicians?
 
My apologies. BUt you will surprised how many supposedly educated people outside the South think anybody who likes Down Home music is a Klansman in disguise.
Surely a Klansman in disguise would avert suspicion by playing Negroid jazz music on an elitist French horn?
 
Well, I see someone's humor detector is broken.

And for the record, I play bluegrass music. And the banjo.

As long as you didn't have to squeal like a pig!

Q: What's a concertina?
A: Kindling for an accordion fire. :D



The funny part is, it's the same guy playing banjo in both the Hillbillies and Foggy Mountain Breakdown--Earl Scruggs.

That is a great last name.

I wonder what color the sky is there?

White. As white as newly driven snow. And I night, I would imagine that it doesn't get dark.
 
If he tells us can we use the Death Star?? Huh? Huh? Can we? :D

"Alderan is a peaceful planet of bisexual Pakistani men!"

"Really, Princess? Lord Vader, let's not blow it up, then."

"Very well."

"When is your next shore leave scheduled for, Lord Vadder?"

"In just a few days, actually. I was going to spend it spinning through space in a TIE, but now I'm thinking of making other plans."

"I as well, Lord Vader."
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom