ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator
- Joined
- Jun 14, 2012
- Messages
- 4,449
The thing is marplots, as I pointed out above, independent sources indicate that fraud and misbehaviour is not a significant problem. Should Ford stop selling cars because some car salesmen are unethical?
Now, it is a significant problem in terms of reputation, but I'd argue an enormous amount of that is primarily an internet echo chamber effect. The U of Westminster paper supports this view, commenting that people with poor opinions of the industry appear to have primarily developed it from hearsay.
My research indicates similar effects. Some years back I analysed the published correspondence on an Amway critics website from a 2 year period. Less than a third of the "negative" correspondence was based on primary reporting. Another third was supporting the company. The remainder was people stating things like "I just joined and now read your site so I'm going to quit!" They'd reported no negative experience apart from reading the website - indeed the fact they'd actually joined implies an initial positive experience.
I'd also note that my own positive experience email to the website had not been published, so the site author was definitely not posting all the supportive emails.
Look at the discussion on this thread. ChrisBFRPKY is stating stuff as fact that is just completely false. Now he most likely believes it. He may have even been "in" Amway at some stage, but he's repeating as fact things that are just plain wrong, from his characterization of the seminar setup around Amway through to pricing.
I wonder how many people here have actually tried any Amway products?
How many have been to any Amway-related seminars?
How many have been to ones from different providers?
How many have read any of the independent books or research papers on the company and industry?
Everything I have said is accurate. Given, I may have been wrong about the current price of a travel size Amway toothpaste, it's actually $12 instead of the $10 I had guessed.:
http://www.amway.com/Shop/Product/P...uoride-Toothpaste?itemno=E3460&pwsID=healthy7
Now, has anyone heard of a web site called Reputation.com? That's a place that businesses like Amway hire to go on forums and elsewhere online to protect their reputations. That's why so many youtube videos get pulled. It's done by people like Icerat.
Exactly what point have I made about Amway that is a lie? Name one please and I'll be happy to respond.
