• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

I'm thinking of taking a camera...

You'd think truthers would know about Snopes. Aparently not.



ETA: No, of course that's not aimed at Hokulele. She already knows about that link. This is for others benefit; I've been seeing some new names around here.
 
Last edited:
It would be fine to talk about the put options, if they only included all the relevant information. But then I guess ignoring so much is what makes them truthers.
 
You'd think truthers would know about Snopes. Aparently not.



ETA: No, of course that's not aimed at Hokulele. She already knows about that link. This is for others benefit; I've been seeing some new names around here.

Thanks, I had not heard of that one.:)
 
Take a few 2Gbyte cards for the camera, and extra batteries.
It's easy to toss what you don't need, than agonize over what you didn't get.
 
One poster writes:

Steven Jones had to leave early because his father died last night.

Sad news.

I wonder how long the truthers will take to make a conspiracy out of this.

I mean c'mon, Jones is about to kick start the revolution at a truther conference and his dad suddenly dies? What are the odds? It's Barry Jennings all over again.
 
I showed up there with my friend Pattie around lunchtime on saturday. We met the fluride guzzling Ateco and waited about thirty seconds until the first Truth Sheep came out of the theatre. What followed was about an hour's worth of all the same stupid Truther arguments that we've all heard a million times. Pattie and I recorded most of it and I'm trying to cut it down to something Youtube friendly.

A few Highlights:
Quote from one young chap about the speaker he had just been listening to for a couple of hours (Richard Gage): "I'm not sure what his name is, but I know exactly who he is.... He was professor of something at somewhere or other"

One gentleman informed me that the British Empire's main reason for expanding the way it did all those years ago, was to spread Freemasonry.

The founder of 9/11 Truth Action . org who calls himself Cosmos got quite excited by the "Satan Magazine" T-Shirt I was wearing. He seemed a bit disappointed when I told him that I wasn't representing that particular magazine. Maybe he wanted to get together with me and sacrifice a goat or something...

Some bloke from the Perth WAC group calling Steven Jones "One of the world's leading experts on Nano-Thermite"

Same guy claiming that because the WTC had a cornerstone, that that somehow implicated the freemasons in 9/11...

My interview with Luke Rudkowski being interrupted by a heckler was, to say the least, slightly ironic...

All together I'd say that there was probably somewhere between 150 and 200 people there. Most seemed to be of the older male leftie persuasion, there was also a few young clueless radicals and a sprinkling of women of various ages.

So far I've cut the footage down to about 50 minutes, but I will keep at it, because I don't want to put it on Youtube in too many different parts.

Any tips on the best way to cut this thing down and get it on the net would be greatly appreciated...
 
Same guy claiming that because the WTC had a cornerstone, that that somehow implicated the freemasons in 9/11...
.

correct me if im wrong but dont most buildings have a cornerstone?

Edit:

also chop it up into 5x10 minute fragments, and / or put the entire thing on googlevideo which has no 10 minute restriction.
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
correct me if im wrong but dont most buildings have a cornerstone?

Exactly! <Raises eyebrow> They are EVERYWHERE!!!!!
Edit:

also chop it up into 5x10 minute fragments, and / or put the entire thing on googlevideo which has no 10 minute restriction.

Thanks. It took me all morning just working out how to use the software, so the movie isn't going to win any awards for editing, but it looks OK to me.

Another problem is I don't have the internet on at home, so I'll have to upload it from my friendly local internet cafe.
 
I showed up there with my friend Pattie around lunchtime on saturday. We met the fluride guzzling Ateco and waited about thirty seconds until the first Truth Sheep came out of the theatre. What followed was about an hour's worth of all the same stupid Truther arguments that we've all heard a million times. Pattie and I recorded most of it and I'm trying to cut it down to something Youtube friendly.

A few Highlights:
Quote from one young chap about the speaker he had just been listening to for a couple of hours (Richard Gage): "I'm not sure what his name is, but I know exactly who he is.... He was professor of something at somewhere or other"

If you can verify the wording of that from the video we might just have a Stundie winner there.
 
I showed up there with my friend Pattie around lunchtime on saturday. We met the fluride guzzling atecom and waited about thirty seconds until the first Truth Sheep came out of the theatre. What followed was about an hour's worth of all the same stupid Truther arguments that we've all heard a million times. Pattie and I recorded most of it and I'm trying to cut it down to something Youtube friendly.

A few Highlights:


I also remember that guy that gave us the 'Demolition companies should light fires in buildings analogy.'

I did think it was good that they had a sceptics get in free policy, although I didn't really have time to listen to Steven Jones' sermon.

Try not to cut out much of what they say, you might accidentally delete something they consider important, then you can be accused of editing and taking their quotes out of context.
 
I also remember that guy that gave us the 'Demolition companies should light fires in buildings analogy.'

I did think it was good that they had a sceptics get in free policy, although I didn't really have time to listen to Steven Jones' sermon.

Try not to cut out much of what they say, you might accidentally delete something they consider important, then you can be accused of editing and taking their quotes out of context.

Well, Pattie and I did get in the door for free, but before Jones started talking, John Bursill came and told us that if we wanted to stay, we'd have to pay. We left.

I have not cut much at all for the reasons you say. It makes for a long and kind of messy movie, but I didn't want to be accused of quote mining.

I did have quite a long interview with Luke Rudkowski going over the usual stuff and I think I managed to loose a big chunk from the middle somehow... Oh well, the heckler is still in there.

I have now cut the monster into six pieces, now I just need to start a youtube account and find the time to upload it all.
 
Try not to cut out much of what they say, you might accidentally delete something they consider important, then you can be accused of editing and taking their quotes out of context.
Seeing how they quote-mine everybody else, that really isn’t something worth worrying about. Well… I’m not saying they won’t make that accusation – just that coming from them, you don’t need to feel the least bit of guilt ignoring it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom