wardenclyffe
Master Poster
- Joined
- Dec 9, 2008
- Messages
- 2,333
Makes sense, but they have somehow archived it there.
Ward
Ward
And yet, with very rare exceptions like DowserDon, they never do.If I was going to volunteer for such a test and I knew this was going to be the method deployed, I would make damn certain that I practised the method beforehand at home, if only in an attempt to avoid the likelyhood of an humiliating failure in the glare of the cameras.
And what exactly would it explain?Was James Randi or any of his cohorts there? Or even watching it on television? If so, that would explain a lot.
Read the T&C for the test."To confirm this age-old belief, Mr. Rees will dowse 15 cardboard boxes, each of which conceals a 1 gallon plastic jug. Fourteen of the jugs will contain dry sand, and one of the jugs will be filled with water. He will have to accurately choose the jug with the water in each of 3 trials. Rees claims he can do this with 100% accuracy, and so must guess correctly all three times to qualify for the $50,000 prize."
Can anybody confirm that Mr Rees was claiming he could find a jug containing water, with the others containing sand with 100% accuracy, or whether he could find water by dowsing in the general sense with 100% accuracy, before the trial?
If I was going to volunteer for such a test and I knew this was going to be the method deployed, I would make damn certain that I practised the method beforehand at home, if only in an attempt to avoid the likelyhood of an humiliating failure in the glare of the cameras.
If he could do it at home with 100% accuracy, then he probably would have volunteered for that specific test with some confidence. If he failed the test, which it seems that he has, then that might prompt him to think why it all went wrong for him under controlled conditions.
What we need, IMHO, is a test designed totally by the dowser, then submitted to the testers for approval and its suitability for controls or changes to be applied that would provide a conclusive result. Then the dowser should approve the controls and any imposed subsequent changes, and self trial using the agreed methodology. Then, and only then, when satisfied he can repeat the success in the formal trials, should those trials go ahead.
This would save an awful lot of time, expense, and humiliation.