Susan Gerbic
Graduate Poster
- Joined
- Jan 23, 2007
- Messages
- 1,527
What I can't believe is the number of people who ask me if I have identical twins and I tell them, no, they are boy/girl and boy/girl twins are never identical and they reply boy/girl twins most certainly can be identical. After 17 years I don't bother with trying to explain anymore.
That's really sad! I'm afraid for this world somedays.
Connections are also found between identical twins who have been separated at birth. Dorothy Lowe and Bridget Harrison were separated in 1945, and did not meet until 1979, when they were flown over from Britain for an investigation by a psychologist at the University of Minnesota. (8 answer to met, 34) They found that when they met they were both wearing seven rings on their hands, two bracelets on one wrist, a watch and a bracelet on the other. They married on the same day, had worn identical wedding dresses and carried the same flowers. Dorothy had named her son Richard Andrew and her daughter Catherine Louise; Bridget had named her son Andrew Richard and her daughter Karen Louise. (10处 similar answer this unless they themselves do not necessarily, children) In fact, she had wanted to call her Catherine. Both had a cat called Tiger. They also had a string of similar mannerisms when they were nervous.
Having a cat named Tiger is not all that uncommon. How badly are they reaching for a commonness if they have to count rings on their fingers?
On the other hand being married on the same day and the children's names (not about what they might have named them) is a bit odd.
I'm sure it wasn't the exact same style of wedding dress and flowers. But wedding styles like children's names run a cycle. The children's names are not unusual ones. I work with parents and children, and for a while there if I saw a Christopher I would be right most of the time his middle name was Ryan or they would go the other way around, Ryan Christopher. Nicole was the middle name for just about every "cute" female name for a while also. When I was growing up, the only three middle names for girls were Marie or Ann or Lynn.
The nervous habits is nothing as that might be genetic.
Still since you can't read the study, it might be totally made up. Also do they include the millions of things that they are unalike in?
Susan