P.J. Denyer
Penultimate Amazing
Can you think yourself dumber?
If anyone else is up to the challenge it's the OP.
Can you think yourself dumber?
Those are attributes you say attend people with abnormally high I.Q. but you never explain what to do to get those scores and thereby gain those attributes. At 160 you say you have an interest in music. I've been a musician for more than 50 years, plus active in a profession that demands a great deal of brainpower. What would you say my I.Q. is?I recommend the table from the first post for exercises.
I recommend the table from the first post for exercises.
| IQ (S.D. = 15) | Attributes |
|---|---|
| 1600 | Stupid on stilts. |
| 1200 | Suggested target if your real-world IQ is 120 |
| 300 | Recommended IQ from the first post |
| 185 | High natural...in a hurry |
| 180 | New creation |
| 175 | Knows intelligent... |
| 165 | Formalisation...less hiding |
| 160 | ...paranoia... (Legitimate IQ tests max out at 160 or less.) |
| 150 | Trivial... (Some IQ tests max out at 150.) |
| 145 | ...slavery to conditioning (higher than 99.85% of all legitimate IQs) |
Pardon my ignorance, but can you please tell me exactly what a "point" of IQ represents?
Someone who can reach 800 IQ should be a lot more intelligent about communicating to a suspicious audience.Reaching 800 points would also be a significant achievement, it doesn't necessarily have to be 1600 points, although that prospect seems tempting.
I'm still looking for an answer to this:
Anyone else starting to clock the Passage of Time by the next emtpy seagull dropping?
A point will be the same as what is normally measured, let's say 100 points is the population average, and this is how a point should be understood in this case.I'm still looking for an answer to this:
Been to Warsaw, Indiana. Heading north for the apple harvest.A father cried to his son, "Ya ain't iggerant enuff, son! Ye gots to work at it!"
His son replied, "Muh, I'm purty iggerant, Pa. I ain't so bad."
"Oh yeah? Have ya heard o' Warsaw Indianner?"
"Uh, yeah."
"Well I never have! See what I mean? Ya gots to strive, son!"
Then you are more woefully wrong than we thought. 100 points is set as an average. It's not a cumulative score that can go very high, as you appear to imagine.A point will be the same as what is normally measured, let's say 100 points is the population average, and this is how a point should be understood in this case.
If your intent is that your scores should be reckoned on the scale described byA point will be the same as what is normally measured, let's say 100 points is the population average, and this is how a point should be understood in this case.
An IQ of 1600 is as likely as an IQ of −1400.If your intent is that your scores should be reckoned on the scale described by
x ~ N(100, 15)
then it has already been explained to you why scores x > 140 or x > 160 are not well defined and why scores such as x ≥ 1600 are statistically impossible in that distribution. It's as if you're claiming your car engine can run at 100,000,000 rpm but you can measure it on the standard gauge that only goes to 8,000 or 10,000 rpm.
I'm willing to concede two digits (preceded by a minus sign).This is entirely separate from whether you can actually demonstrate the commensurate intelligence. Frankly we're waiting for you to demonstrate three digits at all.
Warning: This note contains legitimate mathematics, of the sort known as a back-of-the-envelope calculation.
An IQ of 1600 is as likely as an IQ of −1400
Quite. We're in bowl-of-petunias territory now.After reading this thread I'm starting to think that's possible.
Yes, but what does it actually represent?A point will be the same as what is normally measured, let's say 100 points is the population average, and this is how a point should be understood in this case.