Herzblut
Master Poster
- Joined
- Sep 29, 2006
- Messages
- 2,234
Actually, I have not seen any compelling argument in favor of reduction of global meat consumption. But I'm curious, why don't you put forward your most convincing argument(s) and we talk about it?You can not find a reasonable argument against the need to cut down on (not quit) global meat consumption, or if you can, I'd really like to hear it.
Where? In Africa, South America, Asia? What might Africans think of your idea?I'm a proponent of consuming less of everything, not only meat.
I see. You don't want to see others getting as rich as you are.Some people here have stated that overpopulation is the big issue regarding food. I agree to some extent, but still have to wonder how much less of a problem it would be if only there'd be some limit to how much an individual would be allowed to consume. Of course there are billions of people who haven't even skimmed the possibilities of modern mass-consumption yet...I shudder to think of the consequences of them getting to the consumption rate we're in now.
Last edited: