• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How Long Will the Impeachment Trial Last?

How long will the impeachment trial last?

  • One hour or less

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • One day or less

    Votes: 16 28.1%
  • One week or less

    Votes: 11 19.3%
  • One month or less.

    Votes: 15 26.3%
  • It'll still be going on Planet X in 2219.

    Votes: 7 12.3%

  • Total voters
    57
Even if The PDJT lasts until the end of this term, I can totally see him doing the same thing that outgoing Kentucky Governor Bevins is doing right now. Pardoning serious criminals left and right, apparently for a fee.
 
I hope you are right, because a Trump win is essential for my plan to kick off the next civil war. (Next step:- nuke California!).

I don't think it will make a difference though. The Deplorables in 'Trump' districts are bound to vote against Democrats anyway - impeachment or no. Because they are deplorable.

Idiot Dispicable now.
 
Which will be a fitting conclusion to the whole fiasco started by Schiff's "parody."

The real losers in this will be D reps in Trump districts who vote for Trumpeachment and lose their seats. When they won in 2018 trump was not on the ballot. This time he will be and Trump supporters will vote them out of office.

Don't place any bets on the Cyanide laced Flavoraid drinkers.
 
Trump hates that other people are on Tv and not him.
My guess is McConnell will invite him to make a statement but answer no questions - just like any innocent defendant.

I doubt that. Trump has a habit of going off-script. I don't think anybody looking to protect Trump would put him in front of a mic in that situation.
 
We probably need a general thread on the trial instead of this one.

In the meantime I have this fantasy of Trump deciding to have Giuliani conduct his defense and Rudy calling him to testify. That would be awesome.
 
I doubt that. Trump has a habit of going off-script. I don't think anybody looking to protect Trump would put him in front of a mic in that situation.

It will be like Beck crying on TV to make a point: even if Trump incriminates himself on live TV, it will be because the mean Dems were so mean to him that his True EmotionsTM made him less than 100% accurate.

No, Trump the Innocent standing before the Inquisition would make for good Fox TV and campaign ads, even if he was lying the whole time.
 
It will be like Beck crying on TV to make a point: even if Trump incriminates himself on live TV, it will be because the mean Dems were so mean to him that his True EmotionsTM made him less than 100% accurate.

No, Trump the Innocent standing before the Inquisition would make for good Fox TV and campaign ads, even if he was lying the whole time.

There was a report a while back, perhaps even based on official statements put out by his lawyers IIRC, which said that the reason Trump's lawyers wouldn't let him sit down with Mueller is that he would definitely perjure himself. I think even they know it's too far.

Far better to dismiss the whole thing straight away. That's why I voted it'll last less than a day. Just say "the case is weak", dismiss it, and go on their merry way.
 
There was a report a while back, perhaps even based on official statements put out by his lawyers IIRC, which said that the reason Trump's lawyers wouldn't let him sit down with Mueller is that he would definitely perjure himself. I think even they know it's too far.

Far better to dismiss the whole thing straight away. That's why I voted it'll last less than a day. Just say "the case is weak", dismiss it, and go on their merry way.

McConnell wouldn't let him take an oath - just give a Rally Speech.
 
McConnell wouldn't let him take an oath - just give a Rally Speech.

I don't think that would happen, either. It's one thing to unilaterally say "the case is so weak it's not worth considering" and vote to acquit a week or two after the actual evidence was presented, and it's another thing entirely to have Trump up there blundering around admitting to all the things you're going to say an hour later that he didn't do.

Trump's a liability, and they know it.
 
Considering that Congress will start its Christmas Break on 16 DEC 2019,

and considering that the stupid, idiotic, lying, Trump toadie Mitch McConnell will be running the Trump Trial,

then I expect that the trial will be over in less than one month from today with Trump still being President Trump.
 
I hope it lasts long and creates the impression among his base that Democrats will. Never. Get. Over. 2016.

Hillary Clinton will never be president.

I wonder if you believe that anyone will think this post of yours was submitted as representative of your actual thoughts.

I doubt it, though.
 
Considering that Congress will start its Christmas Break on 16 DEC 2019,

and considering that the stupid, idiotic, lying, Trump toadie Mitch McConnell will be running the Trump Trial,

then I expect that the trial will be over in less than one month from today with Trump still being President Trump.

Actually on that are we talking "X amount of actual time" or "X amount of time Congress is an session doing things" because I was leaning toward the latter in my answer.

I think the trial will be over in roughly 20-30 work days worth of workdays. Those 20-30 days of work time could take time due to both legit and stupid reasons.
 
Even if The PDJT lasts until the end of this term, I can totally see him doing the same thing that outgoing Kentucky Governor Bevins is doing right now. Pardoning serious criminals left and right, apparently for a fee.

Wonder if he's already lining them up? Certainly any of those Russians he's been involved with and his cronies.

One way or another Trump is going to be dangerous in his lame duck.
 
Oh yeah however this ends the "Trump on his way out pardons" are going to be... interesting to say the least.
 
I doubt that. Trump has a habit of going off-script. I don't think anybody looking to protect Trump would put him in front of a mic in that situation.

I agree. Trump is not going to testify. I doubt he'll send his minions either because they have sense enough not to perjure themselves.

Bolton is the only wild card and McConnell won't let him testify.

Here's the dilemma, the Democrats have already submitted a list of witnesses and it's a safe bet Bolton is on it. That could force McConnell to make sure no witnesses are called.
 
You think "We get to call witnesses, the Dems don't" is outside of either McConnell's ability or his will to do so if he wants to?

What are the Dems going to do yell "But the rulebook says you can't do that!" at him from the sidelines?
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom