• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

How effective is/was "Stop Sylvia Browne"?

save your dough

If you can take your money with you to the other side I'm sure you can get an updated reading.
 
Yes, there are differing definitions of the term "agnosticism":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism#Defining_agnosticism



(highlighting and bolding are mine)

So, according to Rowe anyway, I am an agnostic "in the popular sense", as I - as I said upthread - don't see how we can say that it is "unknowable".

ETA:



Certainly. Just as the 3,800,000 hits might show why I am familiar with the "race card" phrase, but not the "cripple card" one.

I think we have established both that you meant no offense by using the phrase, and why I took offense to your using it. Let's move on, shall we?

Happy to.
 
Other than her own death in the year 2024, did she have any, 'yet to be fulfilled failed', future "predictions" still on the books?
If so, clearly RL's site needs to remain active until the last of them have also failed to be fulfilled, at least. Really best kept alive, lo, unto the end of the interwebs themselves, as a record/warning for others to come.
 
Other than her own death in the year 2024, did she have any, 'yet to be fulfilled failed', future "predictions" still on the books?

I believe it was in 2008 or so that she stopped making her annual list of predictions fo the upcoming year, posting one of predictions "for the next hundred years" instead. Her book "Prophecy" has tons of predictions without a specific year attached to them.

So you're saying that I need to keep the site open until 2108...

Can we pass the hat and take up a collection for all of the annual registration fees that would take? (Maybe GoDaddy gives a decent price break for registering a century in advance...)
 
First, the site should not be removed. Robert and others have valid arguments about it being of value to people looking for information on any skeptic.

Second, in all seriousness, I see nothing wrong with helping to pay the domain name registration fee and the web hosting fee. I don't know how we would go about this; surely someone here does, however.
 
Last edited:
As well as the site being a possible resource for the future, although it's less likely perhaps we should not underestimate the possibility of her books being republished and her reputation being re-polished/repackaged over time, for profit. Harder in this age perhaps but religions and cult followings have been founded on similarly dubious careers who left writings.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom