• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cont: House Impeachment Inquiry - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife has had the "debate" on all morning. Every time I go in the room it's just another Republican shouting and lying. It's pointless. The committee will pass the articles; the full House will pass the articles; The Senate will have a one-day trial and Trump will be acquitted.
 
In general, I can find someone I think is smart and respect on both sides of almost any issue.

But on this issue, is there anyone you respect that is on the republican argument on this?
 
Trump Tweets

I also have constantly asked, “Why aren’t Germany, France and other European countries helping Ukraine more? They are the biggest beneficiaries. Why is it always the good ol’ United States?” The Radical Left, Do Nothing Democrats, never mention this at their phony hearing!

The fact that Trump doesn't know the answer to that question is just another example of how unfit he is for the office: We should act in our own best interest regardless of what other counties do. Nothing about Trump matured past the grade-school politics level.
 
The CBSNews stream on YouTube is going out of his way not to show a single GOP individual speak. It kind of sucks because I'd like to watch the whole thing. I'm starting to wonder why.
 
The CBSNews stream on YouTube is going out of his way not to show a single GOP individual speak. It kind of sucks because I'd like to watch the whole thing. I'm starting to wonder why.

Starting to wonder why you want to watch the whole thing? Or starting to wonder why CBS isn't showing you the whole thing?
 
The CBSNews stream on YouTube is going out of his way not to show a single GOP individual speak. It kind of sucks because I'd like to watch the whole thing. I'm starting to wonder why.

Probably, because the Republicans are now just throwing parliamentary and process objections and never addressing the substance of the articles.
 
My wife has had the "debate" on all morning. Every time I go in the room it's just another Republican shouting and lying. It's pointless. The committee will pass the articles; the full House will pass the articles; The Senate will have a one-day trial and Trump will be acquitted.

We've known that since the beginning.

However, two points:

1) The House had a duty to impeach.
2) The GOP's evil will now be on display for all the indecided voters to see. Hopefully it'll help for 2020.
 
A secret vote would be insane.

The only way there could be a secret vote would be if a majority of the Senate voted that the ballots would be secret. I'd love to see the result of such a vote. Many people including many Republicans have said that Trump would be impeached if the vote was private.
 
The only way there could be a secret vote would be if a majority of the Senate voted that the ballots would be secret. I'd love to see the result of such a vote. Many people including many Republicans have said that Trump would be impeached if the vote was private.

I'm aware that one or two people have floated the idea, but not seriously.

I think it would be incredibly bad for the Senate to conduct secret votes. I would hope that any Senator who indicated support for such a rule gets primaried and removed by his constituents at the earliest opportunity. Ideally, their Senate colleagues would straight up vote to remove any one of their number who seriously proposed such a thing.
 
I’ve listened or watched it in fits and starts while we ran errands, and MY GOD is it tedious. Back and forth and back and forth, interspersed with votes where you already know the party line outcome. ARRGHH.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom