• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Her Majesty Caroline New Improved "Hi, Bob" Drinking Game

Cicero

Banned
Joined
Nov 8, 2007
Messages
7,861
If you were to take a shot of Jack (no pun intended) everytime Caroline says "You Know" in this New York Times interview, you would be dead of alcohol poisoning before the second page.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/28/nyregion/28kennedytranscript.html

In the Kennedy world, it is easier to run for a political office rather than be appointed to one. Wow!

***..NC: It just seems like the only — your interest in this seat coincided with the chance to become appointed to it, which is the easy way into the seat, and so it raises questions. If you really want it —

CK: Actually, I think that actually a campaign would be an easier way, because I think it would give me a chance to explain exactly what I’m doing, why I would want to do this, and, you know, and get people to know me better and to understand exactly what my plans would be, how hard I would work, you know, kind of...

NC: That’s very interesting. Do you think it would be better for you, and for your purposes in public life, if the governor did appoint a quote-unquote “caretaker” and then just said, everybody can run, and that way you would sidestep a lot of these questions about the appointment, and whether it’s appropriate to appoint someone who hasn’t held elective office. Would you rather he did that? Like, if he appointed a caretaker —

CK: You know, this is all for the governor. And you guys are really focused on, kind of, the ins and outs and the comparisons of this process, and so, that’s really something that you should be asking him. Really. Um, you know, if you want to talk about, sort of, the economy or the issues, or me, that’s, you know — I’d be happy to do that. But — ..***
 
It's like a Democratic Sarah Palin.

So I assume that you'll defend every word she says ...

... oh, wait.
 
It's like a Democratic Sarah Palin.

So I assume that you'll defend every word she says ...

... oh, wait.

But the left wing rap on Palin was that she was barely educated at third rate schools. Camelot Caroline went to the best prep schools, Radcliffe and Columbia Law School. I do not recall Palin ever stipulating that running for office, something she has actually done, is easier than being appointed to office.
 
If you were to take a shot of Jack (no pun intended) everytime Caroline says "You Know" in this New York Times interview, you would be dead of alcohol poisoning before the second page.

You know...New Yorkers actually do say "you know" no a lot. You know?
 
But the left wing rap on Palin was that she was barely educated at third rate schools. Camelot Caroline went to the best prep schools, Radcliffe and Columbia Law School. I do not recall Palin ever stipulating that running for office, something she has actually done, is easier than being appointed to office.
You may have a point, but I don't have a microscope powerful enough to detect it.
 
Really? I was born in Manhattan and never noticed this. Maybe this is a new strain of Tourette syndrome?

You know, I've lived in New York City my entire life and I hear it very often.

The only issue here is which person can do best for the people of New York State. Might that be Caroline, with her family connections? Maybe. I don't see how she could be any worse than most of our career politicians here in New York, you know.
 
It's like a Democratic Sarah Palin.

The comparison is unfair. Governor Palin, unlike Princess Caroline, has actually held elected office. Palin was duly elected by the voters in her state. Her current position was not achieved by pulling strings within reach because of her family connections.
 
Last edited:
The comparison is unfair. Governor Palin, unlike Princess Caroline, has actually held elected office. Palin was duly elected by the voters in her state. Her current position was not achieved by pulling strings within reach because of her family connections.

I think it's an unfair comparison because there is no election for this seat. In the end I don't think Patterson will choose Kennedy, I think he'll go with a democratic member of the House.
 
You know, I've lived in New York City my entire life and I hear it very often.

The only issue here is which person can do best for the people of New York State. Might that be Caroline, with her family connections? Maybe. I don't see how she could be any worse than most of our career politicians here in New York, you know.

No New Yorker could say "you know" as many times as Caroline in a 10 second response and get away unscathed. They would get a Gibbs slap upside their head.

That is not the only issue when the people of New York are removed from the selection process. What have the Kennedy connections done for anyone other than themselves? These connections were magical in getting Ted from being tried for the death of Kopechne, William Kennedy Smith acquitted, and the efforts of RFK Jr. to keep wind farms out of Cape Cod.
 
I think it's an unfair comparison because there is no election for this seat. In the end I don't think Patterson will choose Kennedy, I think he'll go with a democratic member of the House.

Who said Caroline can't run for this seat in 2010? In her own words, she believes it would be easier to run for the seat instead of being appointed to it. So why doesn't she skip the Patterson appointment and run in 2010? A rhetorical question if ever there was one.
 
That is not the only issue when the people of New York are removed from the selection process. What have the Kennedy connections done for anyone other than themselves? These connections were magical in getting Ted from being tried for the death of Kopechne, William Kennedy Smith acquitted, and the efforts of RFK Jr. to keep wind farms out of Cape Cod.

I would certainly hope that no one would judge me based on the actions of other members of my family. Wasn't Schwarzenegger's father a Nazi?
 
I would certainly hope that no one would judge me based on the actions of other members of my family. Wasn't Schwarzenegger's father a Nazi?

You brought up the Kennedy connections as a reason why Caroline would be an effective Senator. History proves that these connections in no way benefit constituents of a Kennedy.

Arnie's dad was indeed a Nazi. However, Gustav had zero to do with Arnold's career. Arnie came to the U.S. with nothing and relied on Joe Weider to promote his future in body building. But odd you should should mention Arnie whose wife is a cousin of Caroline.
 
You brought up the Kennedy connections as a reason why Caroline would be an effective Senator. History proves that these connections in no way benefit constituents of a Kennedy.

Arnie's dad was indeed a Nazi. However, Gustav had zero to do with Arnold's career. Arnie came to the U.S. with nothing and relied on Joe Weider to promote his future in body building. But odd you should should mention Arnie whose wife is a cousin of Caroline.

I said her connections "might" be beneficial. Voters in California didn't care that Arnold's father was a Nazi because they were voting for him, not Gustav. Not every Kennedy is the same, and as you mentioned, her cousin Maria married a Republican!
 
I said her connections "might" be beneficial. Voters in California didn't care that Arnold's father was a Nazi because they were voting for him, not Gustav. Not every Kennedy is the same, and as you mentioned, her cousin Maria married a Republican!

But Caroline certainly counts on New Yorkers caring that her father was JFK. Without him, she couldn't get to first base with Obama or Patterson. The point is that nobody is voting for Caroline. So this Arnie analogy is not even valid.

BTW: Arnie is a Republican in the same way that Bloomberg was a Republican. I beleive the term is RINO.
 
I do not believe Caroline has effectively made the case for why she is the right person for the job. This interview does nothing to convince me otherwise.
 
But Caroline certainly counts on New Yorkers caring that her father was JFK. Without him, she couldn't get to first base with Obama or Patterson. The point is that nobody is voting for Caroline. So this Arnie analogy is not even valid.

There should be a special election rather than an appointment, but that's a seperate issue.

She had no say over who her father was, she barely knew him. She should not automatically be excluded because of something she has no control over, her family.
 
There should be a special election rather than an appointment, but that's a seperate issue.

She had no say over who her father was, she barely knew him. She should not automatically be excluded because of something she has no control over, her family.

The point is that she is only being included at the top of the list of prospects because her father was JFK and her uncle is Ted. Of course she has control over using her family name for self aggrandizement. Caroline's family name was the only cache Obama valued in her endorsement of him. If she were Caroline Finkelstein do you think Obama would be pressuring Patterson to select her to fill "Snipery" Hillary's Senate seat?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom