I'm glad you mentioned that incident. While I was familiar with the story, I did not know he had a supporting witness.
Most hoaxers either take credit fairly quickly or not at all. I think this is complicated by the involvement of partners. I can think of one fairly good example.
Gray Barker swore Jim Moseley to secrecy about their authorship of the Straith letter that they sent to George Adamski in the 1950s. Adamski used the letter as "evidence" that the US government secretly approved of his ambassadorship with the alien space brothers. It was only after Barker's death in 1984 that Moseley revealed it was a prank they'd puled on Adamski. Barker was afraid of Federal prosecution for counterfeiting an on US letterhead. Moseley, on his own would have exposed things years earlier just to deflate Adamski.
The reason why he finally admitted the hoax is not clear...
Most hoaxers either take credit fairly quickly or not at all. I think this is complicated by the involvement of partners. I can think of one fairly good example.
Gray Barker swore Jim Moseley to secrecy about their authorship of the Straith letter that they sent to George Adamski in the 1950s. Adamski used the letter as "evidence" that the US government secretly approved of his ambassadorship with the alien space brothers. It was only after Barker's death in 1984 that Moseley revealed it was a prank they'd puled on Adamski. Barker was afraid of Federal prosecution for counterfeiting an on US letterhead. Moseley, on his own would have exposed things years earlier just to deflate Adamski.
