I don't think it is realistic to expel the Jews from Israel.
It's fine to criticize Thomas. What isn't fine is the lopsided criticism of Thomas by the same press that claims Thomas' lack of neutrality is a problem for reporters.
I understand the situation, but I fail to see a problem.Israel should get out of Palestine and the Jews should go back to Germany and Poland is the gist of what veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas said on video.
I don't think it is realistic to kick out all the Blacks in the USA back to Africa.I don't think it is realistic to expel the Jews from Israel.
There are many countries in the world today where people are living in homes and on land confiscated from other people. There's a point where it is not practical for these invaders to give back their stolen land. Is there a simple solution to these situations? No.You don't think saying Jews should go back to Europe is outrageous? Mass deportation is not outrageous? What would be an outrageous statement in your view?
Also, what does "impractical" mean, in this context?
Thanks.
If anyone has the right to free speech, it's a reporter.
Now you are totally distorting what I said.You don't think it's "realistic" but nonetheless agree with the principle? You think it's a good idea, but not practical?
Anti-semitism is out in the open again. And the world economy is in the toilet... not a good combination.I often disagree with skeptigirl on many things, but I always thought she was at least rational and decent.
I never, never expected that I would have to put her in the same category as MaGZ, 9/11Investigator or E.J. Armstrong.
I'm truly astonished by this revelation.
Is it outrageous to have had your land confiscated and now the world speaks of that land as if the confiscators own it and it is outrageous for you to say the land was stolen?
So siding with Israel is objective and siding with the Palestinians is not being objective?Who says she doesn't have a right to free speech? She just doesn't have a right to not be criticized for her free speech. Nobody is putting her in jail. She simply lost a job because her free speech showed her to be a disgusting idiot without any shred of objectivity.
What is your point? Are you claiming the UN had the right to confiscate land from one group and give it to another?Is Israel a sovereign state recognized by the United Nations?
Yes or no?
Did they feel the same way about the other countries created at about the same time without their consent, such as Jordan and Syria?I understand how the Palestinians feel about the creation of Israel carving it out of their country without their consent.
I often disagree with skeptigirl on many things, but I always thought she was at least rational and decent.
I never, never expected that I would have to put her in the same category as MaGZ, 9/11Investigator or E.J. Armstrong.
I'm truly astonished by this revelation.
That's a far cry from agreeing with the principle. I find the principle totally impractical and not worth putting on the table as a potential solution.
Often disagree? Ha! We disagree on almost everything political.I often disagree with skeptigirl on many things, but I always thought she was at least rational and decent.
I never, never expected that I would have to put her in the same category as MaGZ, 9/11Investigator or E.J. Armstrong.
I'm truly astonished by this revelation.
Are you lacking basic vocabulary here? Understanding a position is the same as agreeing with it in your dictionary? It's not the same in mine.So you actually considered the idea?
Why aren't they upset about Jordan and Syria?Why is it irrational to have empathy for the Palestinians? Have you ever even considered their perspective? Ever look at a map of Palestine before 1947? Ever notice how densely populated the area was before the Zionists moved in to supposedly claim unoccupied lands?