Newtons Bit
Penultimate Amazing
- Joined
- Apr 12, 2007
- Messages
- 10,049
I'm thinking more along the lines of the mortarmaker knocking out bricks more than forty times.
I don't follow.
I'm thinking more along the lines of the mortarmaker knocking out bricks more than forty times.
I don't follow.
Two people are building a wall. One works constantly, laying the bricks. The other mixes the mortar, but doesn't like the bricklayer, so while the other guy is working on the other side, he takes the opportunity to knock a few bricks out here and there as often as he can.
The wall doesn't get done in time. Who bears the most blame?
I'm referring to the most obstructionist house in history that did everything they could plausibly do in order to make the ACA fail. Has nothing to do with the website, of course, but if they'd been willing participants of the plan their side of the house made in the first place, then things probably would have been a hell of a lot better.
With regard to the website, though, they need to lock the politicians in the closet and let the web devs just do their thing. Quickly turned into a too-many-cooks-spoil-the-soup scenario.
Which politicians?
And what will we say when they come out of the closet!![]()
Perhaps it would be the manager who committed that the wall would be built on time then failed to properly oversee the construction?
Ah. I don't see how they can be compared to someone who sabotaged a construction though. The House GOP did a bunch of yelling and screaming and posturing, but they had no control over the implementation of anything in ACA.
Which politicians?
And what will we say when they come out of the closet!![]()
I'm referring to the most obstructionist house in history that did everything they could plausibly do in order to make the ACA fail.
Has nothing to do with the website, of course, but if they'd been willing participants of the plan their side of the house made in the first place, then things probably would have been a hell of a lot better.
How? The House has zero responsibility or power in terms of implementation.
Which amounts to... nothing.
There is nothing the House did, or even could do, to make the ACA fail. It was never within their power.
How? The House has zero responsibility or power in terms of implementation.
Because the debacle is entirely the GOP's fault, that's why. Why are you being impertinent by suggesting otherwise?
Wow. Just...
It's like a parody which mocks supporters of Obamacare, except that it's actually trying to advocate for Obamacare.
I'm referring to the most obstructionist house in history that did everything they could plausibly do in order to make the ACA fail. Has nothing to do with the website, of course, but if they'd been willing participants of the plan their side of the house made in the first place, then things probably would have been a hell of a lot better.
With regard to the website, though, they need to lock the politicians in the closet and let the web devs just do their thing. Quickly turned into a too-many-cooks-spoil-the-soup scenario.
You wanted it. You supported it. You voted for it. It's your fault.
And I'm supporting the people working to fix it. What I'm not supporting are the people using the trouble with the website as a political fulcrum to destroy it and make people who couldn't otherwise get insurance go without.
What's the republican alternative? Oh, wait. ACA *is* the republican alternative. Silly me, I forgot for a moment that they were callously shooting down their own plan and hurting people for the sake of political posturing.
The Republican party believes that making Obama fail is far more important than fixing our nation's problems.
Via CNN (those well known right wing reactionaries):
White House lowering Obamacare expectations amid lackluster reports
There are no official numbers yet from the Obama administration, but it looks like enrollment is far below the original estimates.
I guess you have to keep telling that lie since you have no facts at hand. It's kinda sad really ...
So what is the current GOP plan for healthcare reform, exactly?