• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Has Mr. Phelps finally flipped?

Also I would like to add that aside from being a monster, Fred Phelps is also a fascinating individual, who has led a very eventfull life.
 
I wonder why these people never come to Atlanta Ga? We have a hugh gay population which for the most art is respected and left alone.

They did, a year or two ago. It wasn't Phelps himself, just a couple of his flunkies. They were outside Grady HS, IIRC.

There was a rumor they were going to show up at DragonCon, but I think people just wanted to one-up ComicCon's counter-protest. ;)
 
My question is why the heck would Freddy choose this concert for a protest? It makes absolutely no sense as far as I can tell.

Because Fred hates everyone and everything, including "his own." Also, he conflates himself with God.
 
Can the Phelps family be thrown out of the country? Like is there some obscure law somewhere where you can literally take the whole family just drop them in Saudia Arabia? Also, how do these people earn money?
Nate Phelps, an erstwhile member of this forum, is one of several members of the family who have left the church. There seems to be an increasing number of the younger generations leaving, those who didn't grow up with the constant physical, verbal and emotional abuse of Fred. this article features one person firmly wrapped in the family business but also contrasts her with her cousin, who left. Nate Phelps is a personal friend of mine and a man of the highest character. Let's not expel anyone, the WBC is a dying breed.
 
They did, a year or two ago. It wasn't Phelps himself, just a couple of his flunkies. They were outside Grady HS, IIRC.

There was a rumor they were going to show up at DragonCon, but I think people just wanted to one-up ComicCon's counter-protest. ;)

When they came to Atlanta, they were targeting high schools (God hates teenagers, I guess) and Jewish things. I know "Jewish things" sounds odd, but it wasn't just synagogues; I think there was some sort of exhibition at Emory, as well. The big counter-protest was outside Grady, which many of the students joined once they got out of class.
 
Can the Phelps family be thrown out of the country? Like is there some obscure law somewhere where you can literally take the whole family just drop them in Saudia Arabia? Also, how do these people earn money?

I'd be satisfied to get him out of Kansas. Send him to New Jersey or something...
 
They're all lawyers and they sue the daylights out of anybody or any entity for "infringing on their civil rights". So, if they don't get a permit to protest or someone causes them any harm, bodily or otherwise, they sue...

Very unlikely anyone would have attacked him at this particular concert. Among other things, most of the concert goers were over 65 years old, and I suspect that very few of them were members of the rainbow coalition.
 
they are a family of inbred psychopaths

And interestingly enough, have a family law practice that makes most of its money suing cities and counties for either preventing their protests or for not protecting their protests enough.
 
They're all lawyers and they sue the daylights out of anybody or any entity for "infringing on their civil rights". So, if they don't get a permit to protest or someone causes them any harm, bodily or otherwise, they sue...

At least one of them works for the state of Kansas. She doesn't want to pay taxes; I guess she forgot where her paycheck comes from. :boggled:
 
So, I just got back from an Oak Ridge Boys concert in Topeka tonight, and our good friend Freddy from Westboro Baptist Church was there with his signs and some kind of technopop song blaring that said something like "God hates you." -- no, not "God hates fags" but explicitly "God hates YOU."

For those who might be unfamiliar with the Oak Ridge Boys, they are actually a former Christian Gospel quartet that started singing popular country music sometime in the 70's. Their hits include "Elvira," (circa 1981... I know this because there was a "30 years of Oom-papa-mow-mow" t-shirt offered), "Bobbie Sue" and "American Made." They tend to have a religious/patriotic theme to much of their music, and I'm pretty sure that none of them are gay.

My question is why the heck would Freddy choose this concert for a protest? It makes absolutely no sense as far as I can tell.

WBC is a complete whackjob organization. It doesn't make any "sense" because it contains no sense.
 
Wouldn't it be more convenient for him to write: "God hates everyone but me!"?
 
That's too long and doesn't have musicality (a literary quality that makes things sound just pleasant).

It would really be a challenge if they came to my hometown (MX) and tried to protest. I have a few neighborhoods that would literally cast the first stone.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom