Susheel
Illuminator
Well, now we'll never know as the LGBT crowd have jumped to the boycott Budweiser camp:
But isn't that too woke for you?
Well, now we'll never know as the LGBT crowd have jumped to the boycott Budweiser camp:
Well, now we'll never know as the LGBT crowd have jumped to the boycott Budweiser camp:
The former marketing manager behind the Mulvaney endorsement deal and her boss are heading for the unemployment line.
A paid leave of absence.....Behind a paywall but the headline just says she's taking a leave of absence.
Bud Light sales for last week were down 17% year over year in dollars and 21% in volume.
Social media fueled a bank run on Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), and the effects were felt broadly in the U.S. banking industry. We employ comprehensive Twitter data to show that preexisting exposure to social media predicts bank stock market losses in the run period even after controlling for bank characteristics related to run risk (i.e., mark-to-market losses and uninsured deposits). Moreover, we show that social media amplifies these bank run risk factors. During the run period, we find the intensity of Twitter conversation about a bank predicts stock market losses at the hourly frequency. This effect is stronger for banks with bank run risk factors. At even higher frequency, tweets in the run period with negative sentiment translate into immediate stock market losses. These high frequency effects are stronger when tweets are authored by members of the Twitter startup community (who are likely depositors) and contain keywords related to contagion. These results are consistent with depositors using Twitter to communicate in real time during the bank run.
Bud Light sales for last week were down 17% year over year in dollars and 21% in volume.
How temporary? A week later, (MSN reports that) Beer Business Daily reports that Bud Light sales are now down 26% in volume:Yes, boycotts often have temporary effects.
How temporary? A week later, (MSN reports that) Beer Business Daily reports that Bud Light sales are now down 26% in volume:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ansgender-backlash-worsens-report/ar-AA1aBjNn
Interestingly, the lost volume in Bud Light seems to have been balanced by increased volume in Coors Light and Miller Light beers, according to Beer Business Daily. I don't think Bud is going to get those customers back at the end of the boycott.
One wonders exactly how large and lucrative Budweiser imagined Dylan Mulvaney's target demographic was going to be, in terms of light beer sales.
Anyway, how temporary?
How temporary? A week later, (MSN reports that) Beer Business Daily reports that Bud Light sales are now down 26% in volume:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...ansgender-backlash-worsens-report/ar-AA1aBjNn
Interestingly, the lost volume in Bud Light seems to have been balanced by increased volume in Coors Light and Miller Light beers, according to Beer Business Daily. I don't think Bud is going to get those customers back at the end of the boycott.
One wonders exactly how large and lucrative Budweiser imagined Dylan Mulvaney's target demographic was going to be, in terms of light beer sales.
Anyway, how temporary?
Is the problem that the people who are boycotting Bud Light probably haven't stopped drinking beer and may have been pleasantly surprised by the substitutions that they have made?
It's kind of like when I decided to avoid Starbucks coffee when I found out about their tax shenanigans. I found out that other coffee shops made better coffee.
Is the problem that the people who are boycotting Bud Light probably haven't stopped drinking beer and may have been pleasantly surprised by the substitutions that they have made?
It's kind of like when I decided to avoid Starbucks coffee when I found out about their tax shenanigans. I found out that other coffee shops made better coffee.
It's early, but predictions are the Disney remake of "The Little Mermaid" is headed for a big open
It has already been targeted by the anti woke crowd because the two main roles..Ariel and the Villianess are played by Afro Americans.
Puts me in a touch spot since I despise Racism, but I also despise these Live Action remakes of classic animated films. They have all sucked, without any of the charm or fun of the originals. And Little Mermiad looks no different.
I will have to come up with somehting like "I oppose the casting of the two leads, not becuast they are black but because they are live humans".
It's early, but predictions are the Disney remake of "The Little Mermaid" is headed for a big open
It has already been targeted by the anti woke crowd because the two main roles..Ariel and the Villianess are played by Afro Americans.
Puts me in a touch spot since I despise Racism, but I also despise these Live Action remakes of classic animated films. They have all sucked, without any of the charm or fun of the originals. And Little Mermiad looks no different.
I will have to come up with somehting like "I oppose the casting of the two leads, not becuast they are black but because they are live humans".