• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Gillard labels Abbott a misogynist

Seriously, Alfie, everyone here can see it but you. You've asked for quotes, we've given you quotes. You've asked for context, we've given you context. You've asked for links, we've given you links. Do you have half the posters in this thread on ignore? Because it sure seems like it.
 

yawn.

It's not my job to defend what has not been presented.

So far we have this:

Gillard: Abbott is a misogynist

Twittering classes: Yeah! What a pig.

Others: Why is he a misogynist?

CC: He just is. He said abortion was bad.

Others: And that makes him a misogynist?

CC: Yeah, what a mogrel

Others: Why does that make him a misogynist?

CC: He just is; she said so.

Others: Riiiiight.

CC: Well you prove he isn't

Others: :confused:
 
Seriously, Alfie, everyone here can see it but you. You've asked for quotes, we've given you quotes. You've asked for context, we've given you context. You've asked for links, we've given you links. Do you have half the posters in this thread on ignore? Because it sure seems like it.

I use the ignore feature because I realised quite sometime ago that what you describe is the OP in question's entire raison d'etre
 
Seriously, Alfie, everyone here can see it but you. You've asked for quotes, we've given you quotes. You've asked for context, we've given you context. You've asked for links, we've given you links.

I have seen the odd link and the odd out of context quote (sometimes rather dishonest) but nothing more; no one has presented an argument that shows him to be a misogynist in any definition I understand.

Ask yourself this: What is the definition of misogyny? How does what Abbott said make him a misogynist? Then how could an argument be presented that show him in that light?

In the meantime, all I see is the summary I have given above.
 
Last edited:
So....
Links (and)
Quotes (and)
Context (and)
Arguments.

Then I might be in a position to debate it with you. The accusation is clearly unsupportable. If it could be shown to be so no doubt the intelligent members posting here would/could have done so.
 
Last edited:
And your inability to understand is a problem that needs to be dealt with because ________________________ ?

Indeed. The poster in question should take the time out of Hus clearly busy day to research some of the body of work on cultural misogyny, even a brief perusal of the Wiki page would suffice, because his inability to understand the concept seems to be a pretty big blocker to the two way flow of ideas in this thread.
 
Misogyny=hate. Sexism isn't hate. Dictionary definitions.
Misogyny needs sexism, but does sexism need misogyny......?

That about it Alfie ?

Thanks in advance.
 

Good. We're making progress.

Now I contend Stone Age attitudes about women not having the same capacity to exercise authority; calls for Gillard to make an honest woman of herself; statements that abortion is the easy way out; and so on, display a barely disguised hatred of women. We've had people in this thread from other nations who wouldn't know Abbott from a turnip who have formed the same conclusion.

One person here doesn't share that view.

Yawn indeed.
 
Misogyny=hate. Sexism isn't hate. Dictionary definitions.
Misogyny needs sexism, but does sexism need misogyny......?

That about it Alfie ?

Thanks in advance.

I think you are getting closer. Well done; someone has a brain after all.
 
I think you are getting closer. Well done; someone has a brain after all.

For some-one to admit misogyny, would be akin to admitting sociopathy or psychosis. Of course Abbott isn't going to come out and say "Oh, by the way, I'm a misogynyst."

That doesn't stop people (the vast majority in this thread), from a variety of non-biased positions, seeing a pattern of comments and behaviour that strongly suggests a personal contempt for women.

Does contempt = hatred? Probably not completely, but it's good enough.
The shoe fits. Put the dictionary away.

I'd never said a good word about Julia Gillard in my life, before my first entry in this thread. I'm unlikely to ever say another. I'd call that biased, wouldn't you ?
But not the way you want to believe it.

I'm reminded of a person who once told a story about something his grandfather told him.
 
So....
Links (and)
Quotes (and)
Context (and)
Arguments.

Done, done, done and done.

How about responding to Mark Corrigan's post? He's not an Aussie, and doesn't have what you would no doubt call "an irrational hatred of Abbott".
 
For some-one to admit misogyny, would be akin to admitting sociopathy or psychosis. Of course Abbott isn't going to come out and say "Oh, by the way, I'm a misogynyst."

Of course not. So can we show that he is one? So far we have nothing that comes even close.

Done, done, done and done.

Yep, a bit, nope and not even close.

Please try again
 
Of course not. So can we show that he is one? So far we have nothing that comes even close.



Yep, a bit, nope and not even close.

Please try again

Mark Corrigan's post? Akhenaten is correct. You simply refuse to respond to inconvenient posts.
 
How about responding to Mark Corrigan's post? He's not an Aussie, and doesn't have what you would no doubt call "an irrational hatred of Abbott".

Alfie, lionking has a point here. Why don't you respond to Mark Corrigan's post? Is it because you haven't seen it or is it because you aren't actually interested in having a discussion?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom