• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Fox News lies about Ron Paul....by "accident".

This seems silly. What is the big deal?

Daredelvis

The big deal is that "news" organizations should try to broadcast actual footage of the story they're telling, not be creative directors looking for a shot that brings the point home, better.

They've apologized for this inadvertent error too many times for it to have any credibility. They view "news" less as story-telling than story-selling.
 
The big deal is that "news" organizations should try to broadcast actual footage of the story they're telling, not be creative directors looking for a shot that brings the point home, better.

They've apologized for this inadvertent error too many times for it to have any credibility. They view "news" less as story-telling than story-selling.

It just seems a pretty small point on the continuum of vitriol and reality devoid programming coming out of Fox everyday.

Daredelvis
 
It just seems a pretty small point on the continuum of vitriol and reality devoid programming coming out of Fox everyday.

Daredelvis

True.

(It's early a.m. Sometimes I just have conversations with the most recent post. I suppose it's better than talking to little voices in my head. ;) )
 
It's just a lazy mistake. An easy one to make. Not really a big deal.

I for one think the apology is real.

EDIT: I didn't mean to rhyme, especially that last line.
 
Last edited:
True.

(It's early a.m. Sometimes I just have conversations with the most recent post. I suppose it's better than talking to little voices in my head. ;) )

The voices in your head are a superior group of conversationalists, particularly as compared to the OP in this thread.

I'd love to have a few gab sessions with the voices in your head. I'll bring a few of mine to keep us all company! :D
 
It's just a lazy mistake. An easy one to make. Not really a big deal.

I for one think the apology is real.

The truth, my friend, isn't based on what you feel.

There isn't much that this story can reveal.
 
Why would they have the sound track from an event a year earlier at hand while the were editing tape from less than a week ago?

Didn't we have a discussion about Faux News crews doing something like that to another bit of tape like a month or two ago? I think it had to do with Obama's SOTU speech.
 
How does one accidently edit out the audio and replace it with different audio?

I can't see how that's an accident or just a mistake.

It looks like a different video, not just audio. In the first, the guy's shirt is gray, in the second clearly light blue. Also, in the second, his pocket with the pen in it (in the first) is covered in the second. And most tellingly, in the second, he's wearing a lanyard he's not in the first.
 
It looks like a different video, not just audio. In the first, the guy's shirt is gray, in the second clearly light blue. Also, in the second, his pocket with the pen in it (in the first) is covered in the second. And most tellingly, in the second, he's wearing a lanyard he's not in the first.

My bad. There wasn't audio editing.

The first bit is from 2011. Then they cut to Fox News showing a clip of the same guy revealing results. That clip is from 2010, not 2011, yet they label it as a "News Alert" and then ask R.P. about the boos from 2010.

I wonder if anyone is getting in troble over this?
 
If their goal was to make Paul look bad any random video of him talking would do a better job than incorrectly claiming he was booed.
 

Really, does it take dishonesty to make an evolution denier who endorses homeopathic medicine and Austrian economics look bad?

Granted, Fox might not want to use his disbelief in evolution to make him look bad or Sean Hannity and Bill O'reilly might run off in protest and join the Insane Clown Posse.

Miracles II: Where the %$#@ does the moon come from?
 
If their goal was to make Paul look bad any random video of him talking would do a better job than incorrectly claiming he was booed.

Agreed. Why make crap up when there so much that is real to hang the guy on.?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom