I hesitate to post this sighting, because it is not quite 100 percent certain, and somewhat rare, and I got no pictures, but I have looked and looked and tried to find anything else it might have been, and come up empty handed, so I am going to go ahead and report a Juvenile Great Grey Owl (Strix Nebulosa), in the vicinity of Brandon, Vermont. This is quite near where we have definitively seen the equally rare Snowy Owl, and there have been a few great greys seen in Vermont, but they're supposed to be very rare this far south. But there it was, not seeming as big as one might think, though scale is hard to judge. But it was an earless owl, and rather dark gray all over as seen in daylight. No brown, no conspicuous stripes, bars or patches. We didn't get a good look at its face or eyes, unfortunately, but the only owl I've seen pictured that it resembles is a juvenile great gray.
Well, that's my story, and you can add it to the list as long as nobody's life depends on it.
We did also see a no-doubt, 100 percent, huge and absolutely magnificent bald eagle yesterday too. It was flying around south of Cornwall, Vermont, and obligingly kept circling as I turned the car around, stopped and fished out the binoculars, and then it came toward us, and followed us up the road for a while. This was a really big eagle, and made our day. Common enough these days around here, but I'll never quite get over the thrill of seeing an eagle.