mummymonkey
Did you spill my pint?
I think a country list is started when records are first submitted from that country. Until now there have been no records from ROI.
There are not many threads on this Forum where you would expect that sentence to be delivered in a friendly context.Anyway, I am back from the North now, with some lice and some pictures...

The former - rhymes with lover.Question: is it "Plover" that rhymes with "lover" or "plover" that rhymes with "lower"?
The former - rhymes with lover.
I was tempted to mention bats too, because there's been a terrible die-off of bats in this area. A mysterious disease called "white nose syndrome" is infecting them in their hibernacula during the winter, and some populations have been wiped out. They were late coming out this year, and we feared the worst, but at least a few have made it back to my barn. It remains to be seen whether they're going to survive the summer, but the hope is that if they made it back alive they'll manage. The disease is so new and so mysterious that nobody really knows.Finally, some new birds! Well, a new bird.
San Antonio, Texas, May 18: Bullbat (Common nighthawk), Chordeiles minor
If we can relax the rules a littleI can add a mammal: Mexican freetail bat, Tadarida brasiliensis
Well, if we're counting mammals, I got a new species of mammal when I was in Umeå: Mountain hare Lepus timidus. We usually only get European hare Lepus eauropaeus down here, so it was quite nice. That makes my list of mammals spotted in the wild rise to a soaring 21 species.
Oh bother, I'd been keeping my eye out for northern orioles and western tanagers so I could post them here. I haven't seen either of them yet this spring, so that about does it for my local posts.I have one more new bird species for today spotted in Colorado, USA:
Piranga ludoviciana Western Tanager
A stunning bird, but a bit camera shy. He flew off while I was focusing the camera.