• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Merged Former Forumite Running For Congress

Now when my shirt arrives I think I should keep it in the safe. It is a rare object, after all, and may someday belong in the Smithsonian.

In a well-tended exhibit about "Really Bad Ideas in Early Twenty-First Century American Politics." :p
 
Does anyone have .jpgs of the shirts saved in their cache? I tried to dig one up last night and couldn't find one on the comp I used this weekend. We should save at least one image for "postiraty".

The Dolly says we should make up some shirts with the original misspellings on the front, put a picture of a stun gun and "Shirt Intelligently Designed" on the back and use them as a JREF fundraiser...
Why a stun gun?

When you're dealing with Buzz0, it's not a bad idea. :D

- eta Does anyone have a pillory shirt, or know if they're still availible anywhere?
 
I sure hope he DOES file with the FEC. If he's sold out of the tees already, I would hate to think we're just contributing to the JD & roofie fund.
 
Why a stun gun?

Reference earlier in the thread. At TAM 9, DrBuzzo glomed onto The Dolly within five minutes of her entering the DelMar. In their conversation, DrBuzzo observed that he'd never been tazed and The Dolly asked him if he wanted to be. I thought we were going to have to pick Cleon up off the floor at that point...
 
When you're in a district dominated by a single party the opposition party has to scrape the bottom of the barrel to field a candidate, if they field one at all.
That may be true at the level he's at, where one is running for a single office, but oddly enough it's not at the municipal level in Connecticut, owing to minority representation laws. In any office that is part of a committee or commission, only a certain percentage of the office holders can be from one party. In small towns, a committee of three will often get two candidates from one party, and one from the other, running in two slots. The minority candidate takes office even though he loses. If elections for a committee are staggered, and the minority candidate is up for reelection, he'll often be unopposed or run in both parties. The real power in small town politics is the party town committees, where candidates are chosen.

In Dr. Buzzo's case, I doubt there are many requirements other than party membership to get on the ballot for the primary. I think all he has to do is file an application with is town clerk, and if I read it right, he can do it up to the day before the primary. If he doesn't win the primary he can put in a petition as a third party candidate, and still get on the ballot, but he can't run as a Republican.
 
Last edited:
The shirts are back! :D Sans misspellings. :(

Actually he dropped the idealistic campaign words altogether.
 
So, I buy one little T-shirt (which has yet to arrive, sigh), and now every time I go to a website that has Google Adsense ads, I get this:


Ak0Q5i9CAAEPtv-.jpg


Every . . . . time . . . seriously.
 
It has arrived! Mis-spellings and all!
 

Attachments

  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328407138.946693.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1328407138.946693.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 30
I won't be able to check my PO Box for another week or so, but I received a shipping confirmation, so I expect mine will be waiting for me.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom