• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

For sale: two space shuttles, slightly used.

For sale: two space shuttles, slightly used

Why didn't I find out before Christmas? My letter to Santa would have been very different.
I've got this mental image of representatives from science museums flying in to walk slowly round them kicking the tyres, pursing their lips and shaking their heads - I wonder if the AA would do a pre-purchase check!

Cheers,

Yuri

ps - that's Automobile Association, not Alcoholics Anonymous obviously.
 
I've got this mental image of representatives from science museums flying in to walk slowly round them kicking the tyres, pursing their lips and shaking their heads - I wonder if the AA would do a pre-purchase check!

Cheers,

Yuri

ps - that's Automobile Association, not Alcoholics Anonymous obviously.

Don't Alcoholics Anonymous have a 12 step launch programme?
 
I might pick up one of them if they run on unleaded.
 
I'd buy one if I had the money to spend. Then I'd fix it up and offer tours and run simulations at a price.
 
But they are not safe. I do not want to buy something that during its life crashed 40%, killing all on board.

Math much?

129 shuttle missions with 2 fatal accidents is not 40%. And the one's that crashed, are not for sale. :rolleyes:
 
Math much?

129 shuttle missions with 2 fatal accidents is not 40%. And the one's that crashed, are not for sale. :rolleyes:

Depends how you view it. 40% of the shuttles did not survive. But okay, let's follow your calculations. 2 out of 129 missions failed, that's about 1.5%. How would you feel if the brakes of your car failed in 1.5% of your commutes? :rolleyes:
 
Depends how you view it. 40% of the shuttles did not survive. But okay, let's follow your calculations. 2 out of 129 missions failed, that's about 1.5%. How would you feel if the brakes of your car failed in 1.5% of your commutes? :rolleyes:
Safer than now :)
 
Did they remove Hugo's lasers after James made his re-entry?
 
Depends how you view it. 40% of the shuttles did not survive. But okay, let's follow your calculations. 2 out of 129 missions failed, that's about 1.5%. How would you feel if the brakes of your car failed in 1.5% of your commutes? :rolleyes:

I would prefer to measure it in miles per failure.
 
I've got this mental image of representatives from science museums flying in to walk slowly round them kicking the tyres, pursing their lips and shaking their heads - I wonder if the AA would do a pre-purchase check!

I suspect most will take one look at the room they have availible and shake their heads.
 
"Dad, two space shuttles for sale."
"How much do they want for 'em?"
"28.8 Million."
"Tell 'em they're dreamin'."
 
I suspect most will take one look at the room they have availible and shake their heads.
It's perfect for the Air&Space Museum in Chantilly, except that they already have a shuttle. Other than that :con2:
 
It would probably cost a million to ship one of the things. Though part of that could probably be recovered by cutting down a bunch of trees in the forest surrounded the house. Bet for less then two million a semi-permanent replica could be constructed. Would probably raise land values if it was made to look like it crashed head first into the ground.

Depends how you view it. 40% of the shuttles did not survive. But okay, let's follow your calculations. 2 out of 129 missions failed, that's about 1.5%. How would you feel if the brakes of your car failed in 1.5% of your commutes? :rolleyes:

Been there, done that, fun times on the highway.
 
I suspect most will take one look at the room they have availible and shake their heads.
That didn't stop the Boston Museum of Science from accepting a two story Van de Graaf generator. They built the museum around the generator.
 
Last edited:

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom