• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

First World Festival problems

One of the beautiful people rummaging through the whatnot at the Fyre Festival.
 

Attachments

  • 3FB56A5E00000578-4475298-image-a-3_1493938799734.jpg
    3FB56A5E00000578-4475298-image-a-3_1493938799734.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 101
Reading some other articles, it appears that the organizers had created an app that was supposed to be used by Yuppies to book bands:

What Fyre Media actually does is makes an app. Founded in 2015 by musician Ja Rule—real name: Jeffrey Atkins—and his business partner Billy McFarland, Fyre held the festival as a side project to hype its brand and the app. That primary product is an electronic platform to book talent for concerts, clubs, or parties.
 
Sounds like they collected $12,000 average per ticket, hoping that they would raise enough money to hold the festival and figure out how to do it in the meantime I guess.

Who has all the money now?
 
Up to $12,000? That's pretty ambitious; more so even than your more-established celebrations of yuppie mostly-white privilege like Coachella, Bonnaroo, Burning Man, and the like. Although in fairness, had this "Fyre Festival" actually been planned and implemented as advertised I suppose the remote location and related logistics would've justified the premium.
 
Maybe they can recoup some of the costs by selling T-shirts.

"I survived Fyre 2017"

"Gulag Archipelago Chill Out Mix"

"#SENDHELP"
 
it's also sad to realize that the same experience could have been had much cheaper in Venezuela.

Roasting a rat over a garbage fire with thin, good-looking people.
 
Well, that puts a bit of a smile on my face, I must admit.

From the article:

“I grossly underestimated the resources that would be necessary to hold an event of this magnitude,” he said.​

And:


“In an attempt to raise what I thought were needed funds, I lied to investors about various aspects of Fyre Media and my personal finances. Those lies included false documents and information.”​

Using other people's money to finance your own get rich quick scheme always seems like such a brilliant idea on paper.
 
Well, that puts a bit of a smile on my face, I must admit.

From the article:

“I grossly underestimated the resources that would be necessary to hold an event of this magnitude,” he said.​

And:


“In an attempt to raise what I thought were needed funds, I lied to investors about various aspects of Fyre Media and my personal finances. Those lies included false documents and information.”​

Using other people's money to finance your own get rich quick scheme always seems like such a brilliant idea on paper.

This reminds me of Don King lying to investors, athletes, artists, governments and the media to make the Rumble In The Jungle happen.

With one important difference: he totally aced it and it is an event that is remembered 44 years later, and he became a millionaire.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom