• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread [Ed] Personal experiences with gays

Considering that you've articulated a very streotypical and almost prejudicial concept of what gays are like, and refuse to consider what people who are actually gay are telling you to the contrary... Yes, yes you have.

Well, my personal experience has informed me otherwise. I acknowledge that you guys may have some very different experiences then I have. But, my sample sizes are pretty large, and from those sample sizes I come up with a pretty high confidence level with a very low margin of error. The statistics don't lie :p
 
Are you proposing that camp behavior relates more to masculinity then it does to femininity?

Since very, very few women act like camp men then it makes much more sense to describe camp men (whether gay or not) as displaying masculine behaviours.
 
Well, my personal experience has informed me otherwise. I acknowledge that you guys may have some very different experiences then I have. But, my sample sizes are pretty large, and from those sample sizes I come up with a pretty high confidence level with a very low margin of error. The statistics don't lie :p

What statistics? Did you question everyone in your sample closely about their sex lives?
 
Well, I am sorry my personal experience is not as diverse as yours has been.

So you're saying it is possible your "personal experience" is limited, misinterpreted, uninformed or potentially flawed?

Why won't you accept that your ideas might be incorrect then? Is it scary to consider there may be gay men running around you cannot easily identify?
 
Camp is a style of comedy. A gay parody.

Ok perhaps I have been using the term camp in the wrong manner this whole time. I thought it described gay men acting feminine. Today is the first time I have ever even heard of the term, and I thought I understood it by the way arthwollipot described it. Can you give me a good solid definition please?
 
In my postings, have I came across as though I had something against gays? Or are you just making assumptions based on my personal experiences not coinciding with your experiences in Europe?

I have to say I don't think you come across as homophobic, just rather naive about human sexuality and gender matters.
 
Oh yes you have.

You keep suggesting that I have met all of these hordes of supposed gay men who act masculine. I am pretty sure I can speak a little more intelligently on who I have and haven't met then you can.
 
I have to say I don't think you come across as homophobic, just rather naive about human sexuality and gender matters.

I agree,I may have judged him too harshly. A big kiss by way of apology.
 
You keep suggesting that I have met all of these hordes of supposed gay men who act masculine. I am pretty sure I can speak a little more intelligently on who I have and haven't met then you can.

Who said hordes? Please try to keep this at an adult level. Some of them.
 
What statistics? Did you question everyone in your sample closely about their sex lives?

I knew them closely enough to not have to question them about their sex lives. And did you read this post that I made:
Quad4_72
I didn't. It is a split from a thread in the Religion section in which I posed a question about homosexuals being more likely to be atheists. The topic started to stray, and I suggested that if people wanted to talk about my personal experiences with gay people then they should start another thread for it. So arthwollipot took the liberty to start this thread in my name. He probably should have used his name for the thread starter.

ETA: I would actually prefer it if the name of the thread starter was changed, because as it stands right now it does look like I started some sort of bigoted thread to talk about myself.

Do I still seem like a bigot to you?
 
You keep suggesting that I have met all of these hordes of supposed gay men who act masculine. I am pretty sure I can speak a little more intelligently on who I have and haven't met then you can.

Did you know that Rock Hudson was gay?
 
So you're saying it is possible your "personal experience" is limited, misinterpreted, uninformed or potentially flawed?

Why won't you accept that your ideas might be incorrect then? Is it scary to consider there may be gay men running around you cannot easily identify?

I never said there weren't any. But from the size of my sample I just have trouble believing that there are as many masculine gay men running around as you seem to believe.
 
I knew them closely enough to not have to question them about their sex lives. And did you read this post that I made:


Do I still seem like a bigot to you?

No,just naive. You did say hundreds. You can't have known them all intimately. I am not using the word known in it's biblical sense.
 
You keep suggesting that I have met all of these hordes of supposed gay men who act masculine. I am pretty sure I can speak a little more intelligently on who I have and haven't met then you can.

How would you know whether you have met such a gay man?
 
I never said there weren't any. But from the size of my sample I just have trouble believing that there are as many masculine gay men running around as you seem to believe.

Some. Many. See the difference?
 
I have to say I don't think you come across as homophobic, just rather naive about human sexuality and gender matters.

A single post of extremely marginal support in a thread of all posters opposed to my viewpoint. I'll take it! :D
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom