• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Split Thread [Ed] Personal experiences with gays

Experience. It's on the cards. Did all of them tell you everything about their private lives?

I have known the majority of them pretty personally yes. Like I said, maybe a couple were putting on a front, but those would be a rarity. We will say the sample size has a margin of error of 5, giving us quite a high confidence level in our sample :)
 
Last edited:
I disagree. The way camp gays act relate much more to women then is does to men.

No, the way camp people (because yes, women and straight men can be camp) act relates to camp much more than it does to "women" or "men".

28504d9c20331fba9.jpg
 
Why bother with a court? Just hang the queer,quad.

In my postings, have I came across as though I had something against gays? Or are you just making assumptions based on my personal experiences not coinciding with your experiences in Europe?
 
In my postings, have I came across as though I had something against gays? Or are you just making assumptions based on my personal experiences not coinciding with your experiences in Europe?

You do come across as a homophobe. Why did you start this thread?
 
Experience. It's on the cards. Did all of them tell you everything about their private lives?


Surely they all flocked to him to reveal their innermost secrets. After all, his compassionate tolerance and wisdom is like a shining beacon.

:rolleyes:

Is there a cute name for the "___DAR" that gays use to figure out which people they want to avoid be open with because they're probably bigots?
 
No, the way camp people (because yes, women and straight men can be camp) act relates to camp much more than it does to "women" or "men".

http://www.internationalskeptics.com/forums/imagehosting/28504d9c20331fba9.jpg

In my personal experience, the picture on the left has been a much more accurate reflection of society as a whole as opposed to the picture on the right. And I disagree completely, in that I think camp VERY closely relates to femininity, and is pretty far away from masculinity.
 
Perhaps this is true. From my personal experience though, it simply is not. Perhaps I have just lived in the wrong places. My sample sizes seem to be pretty significant though.

I can't take your "personal experience" seriously given its obvious limitations. And given your obvious biases. As for my personal experince. Well I lived all of my adult life as a Gay man and I've known over the years thousands of Gay men from all walks of life not just the party circuit and related areas. Have you met Gay construction workers, factory workers, truck drivers, forge workers, assembly men? Well I've meet all of those in my my life and in each area I've meet multiple Gay men. I've also met very large numbers of married Gay men whose friends and relatives don't or didn't have a clue.
 
Last edited:
You do come across as a homophobe. Why did you start this thread?

I didn't. It is a split from a thread in the Religion section in which I posed a question about homosexuals being more likely to be atheists. The topic started to stray, and I suggested that if people wanted to talk about my personal experiences with gay people then they should start another thread for it. So arthwollipot took the liberty to start this thread in my name. He probably should have used his name for the thread starter.

ETA: I would actually prefer it if the name of the thread starter was changed, because as it stands right now it does look like I started some sort of bigoted thread to talk about myself.
 
Last edited:
In my personal experience, the picture on the left has been a much more accurate reflection of society as a whole as opposed to the picture on the right. And I disagree completely, in that I think camp VERY closely relates to femininity, and is pretty far away from masculinity.

And it isn't at all possible your "personal experience" is limited, misinterpreted, uninformed or in any way potentially flawed, is it?
 
Surely they all flocked to him to reveal their innermost secrets. After all, his compassionate tolerance and wisdom is like a shining beacon.

:rolleyes:

Is there a cute name for the "___DAR" that gays use to figure out which people they want to avoid be open with because they're probably bigots?

Which statements have I made in this thread that appear bigoted to you?
 
I can't take your "personal experience" seriously given its obvious limitations. And given your obvious biases. As for my personal experince. Well I lived all of my adult life as a Gay man and I've known over the years thousands of Gay men from all walks of life not just the party circuit and related areas. Have you met Gay construction workers, factory workers, truck drivers, forge workers, assembly men? Well I've meet all of those in my my life and in each area I've meet multiple Gay men. I've also met very large numbers of married Gay men whose friends and relatives don't or didn't have a clue.

Well, I am sorry my personal experience is not as diverse as yours has been. I have not met any gay construction workers, factory workers, truck drivers, forge workers, assembly men who acted masculine but were also gay.
 
In my personal experience, the picture on the left has been a much more accurate reflection of society as a whole as opposed to the picture on the right. And I disagree completely, in that I think camp VERY closely relates to femininity, and is pretty far away from masculinity.

Camp is a style of comedy. A gay parody.
 
Well, I am sorry my personal experience is not as diverse as yours has been. I have not met any gay construction workers, factory workers, truck drivers, forge workers, assembly men who acted masculine but were also gay.

Oh yes you have.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom