• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Drag Shows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you object to the Barefoot and Pregnant Story Hour being paid out of tax dollars to role model for children? Simple question, yes? I would object with the same arguments I pose here.

Yes I would object but because that's in no way the same thing as the drag story hours it's meaningless to compare them.

Do you think there is no way to tell the difference?
 
The general argument of 'kids don't know any of this anyway' is really, deeply, wrong. If kids don't get anything from these readings they wouldn't get anything from other readings. The objection would be to read hours in general, not drag reading hours.

And if you think reading to kids does nothing for them, then you're trivially wrong. Kids aren't unthinking robots until they are ten or whatever the 'does nothing' group thinks. That is such the feeble handwave.
 
It would be totally fine with me. If my kid asks what a story reader did for a living I'd tell them to be quiet and listen to the story.

It's fun moving from sex career to sex career just trying to find something "wrong".

Emily, you know that Stormy is a ******* mother, right? She probably reads to her kids, right? So they literally have Stormy doing porn star story hour, and I'd bet that child is perfectly fine because they have a mother that loves them. Crazy, that.


I'd actually have less problem with porn stars than Drag Queens, which I don't have a problem with either. How would anyone tell if someone is a porn star? What would that even mean to a five year old? Nothing at all.

However, I have never seen a drag queen story hour so I don't know what they are like. And of course they will all be different.

I would like to see one (DQSH), maybe a video. Am I the only one here who has never actually seen DQSH?

Here's one. This is my first actual exposure to DQSH. It's more of a short documentary and note that it is pro DQSH.

If this is what DQSH is I'm fine with it, in fact I'm more fine with it after having actually seen a little bit of one, including the kids reactions. If anyone knows of a video showing anything inappropriate please post it so we can see what the fuss is about.



Kids behave how adults should behave...no judgement. They seem to accept them without hesitation.

I can see why some parents wouldn't like it or misunderstand it, but they have the choice not to go. I wonder if any of them have actually seen a show? Probably not.

It's too bad their parents weren't exposed to things like this, they might live their lives with less fear.

This kind of seems like a perfect fit really. All the wild costumes and makeup.
 
Pretty sure about that, are you? It wouldn't occur to me to identify whether a storyteller was het or not, assuming I even could. I mean, do you look at children's storytellers and wonder which way they swing? Pretty far down on my list, if I'm being honest. Gay, straight, bi, gender fluid, otherkin...who cares? Oh, that's right. DSH cares. But they say they want to expose children to queer folk (their words), yet market themselves as Drag Story Hour, and I think we have been all over how a man in a dress is not queer. Unless Tom Hanks and Robin Williams and Tony Curtis were all queer? I wonder if I spotted some yoga pants and a bikini top, if I could get in on this gig. Bit cold outside for working.
You miss the point, I think. It's not necessarily your particular issue, so perhaps my post was misplaced, but I think too many people see behavior only when it's someone else's.

If you do not identify in some way other than the default, the default is expected, and accepted. If you come to the story hour in the customary clothing and demeanor of the default group, a certain range of behavior is assumed, and what is assumed is acceptable and ignored. As a married, heterosexual man with children, my sexual behavior is as sexual as sexual behavior can be, no less explicit in its place for being politely ignored, and nobody would presume to say that appearing in public in the clothing of a man, with my children in tow, is explicit sexual behavior, even though everyone who knows anything knows exactly who did what with whom, when and how.

I never have to add a definition of who or what I am, because it's presumed unless otherwise stated, and I never have to add a "but." That's fine, appropriate even, and if you decide to exclude some group or class from the default group, arguments and reasons can be found. But I just think too many people presume that the boundaries of the default group are inherent or immutable, rather than a social construct, and forget that acceptable behavior is still behavior.
 
I'd actually have less problem with porn stars than Drag Queens, which I don't have a problem with either. How would anyone tell if someone is a porn star? What would that even mean to a five year old? Nothing at all.

However, I have never seen a drag queen story hour so I don't know what they are like. And of course they will all be different.

I would like to see one (DQSH), maybe a video. Am I the only one here who has never actually seen DQSH?

Here's one. This is my first actual exposure to DQSH. It's more of a short documentary and note that it is pro DQSH.

If this is what DQSH is I'm fine with it, in fact I'm more fine with it after having actually seen a little bit of one, including the kids reactions. If anyone knows of a video showing anything inappropriate please post it so we can see what the fuss is about.



Kids behave how adults should behave...no judgement. They seem to accept them without hesitation.

I can see why some parents wouldn't like it or misunderstand it, but they have the choice not to go. I wonder if any of them have actually seen a show? Probably not.

It's too bad their parents weren't exposed to things like this, they might live their lives with less fear.

This kind of seems like a perfect fit really. All the wild costumes and makeup.

I have been to one with a five year old.
 
It's not any more reprehensible. What IS more reprehensible is that many people seem to be taking the drag queen's side, with little to no care for the person who they harmed. What IS reprehensible, is that because of the political efforts involved, a great many people feel they must take the drag queens side.
More hyperbole allegations.
 
But why do kids have to roleplay heroes fighting dragons huh? Seems a little weird to me. Like the adults have some agenda to push or something. Why dungeons? Are they pushing math, which is usually used by adults for capitalism, onto innocent kids? /s
Ah, so MegaTraveller really was a STEM plot.
Now it makes sense.....
:D
 
I don't think I would have taken my kids to Stripper Story Time if there was such a thing

I would have been perfectly happy to take my kids to a Drag Queen Story Time, which is a completely different matter.

Taking my kids to Stripper Story Time would be a bit like taking my kids to see one of those football matches where the cheerleaders do a twerking routine at half time. They don't even bother to remove the sexual content. Just about any football match in America these days I gather.

Presumably I missed the Texan bill to outlaw that.

How would a 'stripper story hour's work. Surely it'd be difficult to read while removing clothing? Or is there to be a reader and a performer?
 
How would a 'stripper story hour's work. Surely it'd be difficult to read while removing clothing? Or is there to be a reader and a performer?

Since Emily's Cat hasn't retracted her earlier "argument" - that because some drag acts contain sexual themes drag even without sexual themes cannot be suitable for young children therefore because some dance acts contain sexual themes, dance even without sexual themes cannot be suitable for young children we can assume that she will not want any dancers to read to children, never mind let children see dance being performed.
 
Also it feels dishonest to refuse to acknowledge that it's 2023 within a rounding error.

Sex isn't nearly as taboo as it used to be. People are more open about what they find sexy. More and more things are part of people's sexuality and, let me be 100% clear here, this is a good thing.

Even if "Oh noes someone uses that for sex! That means children can't know about!" where true, accurate, and not cherry picked to only apply to thinks non traditionally sexual people enjoy, it would leave children with nothing to possibly enjoy.

Rule 34 people. Everything is sexy to someone.
 
Last edited:
Likewise we could put you down as being against children being exposed to dancers...

Please make that happen!

Remove the scourge of dance from decent society! We all know what that lascivious moving and touching is really about, don't we? Won't someone think of the children?

And look at the number of dancers who have - fill in whatever dubious behaviour of choice here - over the years! Eh? Eh? Explain that one!

It's all obviously about grooming children into unnatural behaviours: I mean, whoever would foxtrot or tango, let alone mashed potato or mudshark, without that explicit encouragement? It's unnatural and weird!

I say this as one who has survived all attempts over the years by the groomers to force me into these peculiar behaviours. And schools used to encourage this sort of thing! At tax payer expense too!
 
Let's start an "Actors Story Hour" where all of the actors are porn actors. But they're not doing anything sexual in the presence of kids, so no biggie. If you remove all of the sex, they're just acting.

So obviously, having a story time for children in which porn stars are featured, it totally fine. :rolleyes:
Do you have anything to offer in this thread, how that your earlier nonsense has been debunked, other than nonsensically silly false equivalences?
 
Yes. (Well, not the silly stripper slippery slope argument.) It is exactly the same prejudice that leads to higher levels of self-harm among gender atypical teens. The very problem DSH states they're trying to help by exposing kids to people not adhering to traditional gender roles.
Unfortunately many "conservatives" are quite fine with those "others" harming themselves.
 
Nah bro, you're not getting it. Don't ascribe yourself winning points when you're playing a game all by yourself.

Dancers are not inherently sexual. STRIPPERS are inherently sexual.

Hosting an event aimed at children, with the intention of "inclusiveness and diversity" by showcasing a person as a representative of that diversity... where the person being showcased is a STRIPPER... is a problem for me, in a way that a ballroom dancer, a ballerina, a backup dancer, or even a street crew would absolutely not be a problem.

Because at that point, what is being NORMALIZED for children is not "dancing", it is specifically STRIPPING. And that is not an appropriate topic for young children.
What has this bollocks to with drag?
 
What makes it more sexual? The fact that a large number of drag acts (not all of them, certainly) are adult entertainment using sexualized themes, performed for adults, while wearing costumes that feature overtly hyperbolic sexual features in an exaggerated and borderline mocking fashion. Many drag performers have overtly sexualized stage names at that.
Seriously, go back and give just a little bit of thought to why parents and adults might object to Stormy Daniels being featured to read to children as a "role model", but would not object to Sandra Bullock. I don't think this is all that complicated.

Well, unless people can't separate their political activism from their common sense. Like Thermal said, this isn't about the kids - this is about adults using children as a means by which to further their political beliefs.
Will you be providing evidence for this assertion?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom