I think I see the problem, now. You are having a debate with voices in your head, instead of with the other posters.
LMAO! You're the one who literally said you
weren't responding to discussions, but
I'm the one having a debate with the voices in my head?
Naw, you're ignoring your arguments being silly to start with and destroyed by both facts and reasoning, then wondering why no one is addressing your arguments. Are you making arguments now? Addressing the discussion now?
What I am saying, and have been saying all along, is "but why tho? I don't get this". It's that simple. I am not arguing that it hurts children, of benefits them. It just makes no sense.
It makes a lot of sense, as has been explained to you, and you continue to ignore. Guess we'll just keep repeating things and you'll just keep claiming nothing is addressed.
If a course in beginners ski instruction was offered, the instructor's sexual orientation is irrelevant.
Drag isn't a sexual orientation. What are you on about?
I just want to know how well they teach skiing. Same with story hour. I don't care if the storyteller is a man dressed as a woman. It's irrelevant to whether they are an engaging raconteur. So the obsession with combining these utterly unrelated traits seems really off the wall. What makes a ton of sense is that being a drag queen story reader is super important because it seems hip and trendy to the adults. The 3 and 5 year old audience likely doesn't have a ******* clue that the storyteller is a man who is really into dressing like a woman. I mean, seriously: do you think the 4 year olds walk away saying "ya know, my prejudices against drag queens were not justified. They sure can read a great story! Maybe I'll stop beating up the drag queens in the bar parking lot at night"?
As was already pointed out to you several times, drag performers in these story hours don't just put on any given dress to appear like everyday women. They're specifically wearing creative, colorful outfits and putting on larger than life characters.
You insist there is something nefarious about that with zero support. Your unsupported suspicions aren't data.
EDIT: And what a truly debased straw man. The only problems around things like drag are not people beating them up. This is a pattern with you where you minimize all but the most obvious and egregious violations as problems at all, be it racism, sexism, or other bigotries. Do you think a kid who went to see a drag performer read to them for years is going to grow up and fall for nonsense like Emily is spouting about them being dangerous anti-woman homosexual groomers? Or is that not enough of a problem to count, and it's only physical violence that could ever 'count'?
This has little to do with children, and a lot to do with adult virtue signaling, to my eye. Unless you have some data on benefits of this particular niche approach? Oh, that's right. I've already asked you twice and you keep shuffling your feet and changing the subject.
Your demand is silly nonsense. Do you object to story hours in general? What data do you have on them that leads you to believe drag ones are not as effective as other ones? Why don't you want data on story hours? Why is it only drag you demand it for?
What you have here are your feelings about what you think it is doing, and nothing more, while you chastise others for having ambivalent feelings about the whole idea.
You're not having ambivalent feelings. Your statements and arguments are flailing rationalizations for your feelings on drag. That you keep pretending your objections have not been addressed prove this because being 'ambivalent' about something isn't met with this much denial.
Get some intellectual honesty and try again.