• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Drag Shows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giving one example out of thousands of drag performers across the world.

I don't know what WWBDD's profession is, but if I scoured the internet I bet I could find someone of that profession who was also a sex offender.
Yep and every single organisation that works with children has something like this happen from time to time. It happened at one of my son"s schools and the teacher in question had unsupervised access to children. We didn't demand the school be shut down.

If we were to cancel every organisation that had been infiltrated by a sex offender we would have cancelled every single organisation.

But at least this group ensured that a parent or guardian was present and no one had unsupervised access to children.
 
The part that interests me about your statement, is that I believe most of the people associating homosexuality with drag, in this thread, are liberals.

I don't see it like that. I just see cross-dressing weirdos.
Why do you see it as weird to cross dress?

It's the men that get hung up on a gendered uniform that I find weird. Why does gender have a dress code?
 
The part that interests me about your statement, is that I believe most of the people associating homosexuality with drag, in this thread, are liberals.

I don't see it like that. I just see cross-dressing weirdos.

Point being that your sentiments expressed in this thread against "cross-dressing weirdos" are a 1:1 copy of the ones made against Homosexuals in the past.
It is so easy to see that this drag-panic is just another iteration of the Minority Bashing that is what the US conservative movement has been reduced to.
 
I specifically asked "Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?"

Dear me, are we creeping towards coining a new fallacy, "No true drag queen"?

It's a pity that we may be because, since and only since you asked, this very high profile drag queens alledged behaviour makes pretty grim reading.

Please note the submission this link is as a response to your request and is not indicative of any stance on Drag Queen Story Hour the poster may have, so reel yer ******* necks in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-...-a-15-year-old-superfan-and-they-werent-alone
 
Why do you see it as weird to cross dress?

It's the men that get hung up on a gendered uniform that I find weird. Why does gender have a dress code?

If you are "allowed" to find such men wierd then why on earth isn't Warp12 allowed his own library of wierd?
 
If you are "allowed" to find such men wierd then why on earth isn't Warp12 allowed his own library of wierd?
Did I say he wasn't allowed???? When exactly?

I asked him why he found it weird. Apparently he didn't know why he found it weird.
 
Did I say he wasn't allowed???? When exactly?

I asked him why he found it weird. Apparently he didn't know why he found it weird.


I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty. And as a 6' 1" man weighing 260 lbs, that isn't weird, at all.
 
I mean cross dressing is fun.

I can't see the appeal of mind numbing conformity, popular though it is.
 
Dear me, are we creeping towards coining a new fallacy, "No true drag queen"?

It's a pity that we may be because, since and only since you asked, this very high profile drag queens alledged behaviour makes pretty grim reading.

Please note the submission this link is as a response to your request and is not indicative of any stance on Drag Queen Story Hour the poster may have, so reel yer ******* necks in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-...-a-15-year-old-superfan-and-they-werent-alone

The average drag queen who sits and tells stories for children is no more responsible for the crimes of that person than the teachers in the classroom are responsible for the teacher who put my kids in danger. His misdeeds make pretty grim reading too. The evangelical leader who deliberately covered up child abuse and helped the abuse to maintain unsupervised access to children makes pretty grim reading. The Catholic Church's protection of child abusers makes very grim reading.

Personally I would have been happy for a teacher, a drag queen, an evangelical pastor or a Catholic priest to read stories to my children.
 
Last edited:
Skimping on background checks is bad.
Now if only the churches did it....
The evangelical leader I mentioned who deliberately protected a child abuser and allowed him continued unsupervised access to children was rewarded with an invite to the White House to meet Donald Trump.
 
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I specifically asked "Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?"

Dear me, are we creeping towards coining a new fallacy, "No true drag queen"?

It's a pity that we may be because, since and only since you asked, this very high profile drag queens alledged behaviour makes pretty grim reading.

Please note the submission this link is as a response to your request and is not indicative of any stance on Drag Queen Story Hour the poster may have, so reel yer ******* necks in.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/drag-...-a-15-year-old-superfan-and-they-werent-alone

But it's not a response to my request. Why do so many posters here have such trouble understanding what "Drag Queen Story Hour" means? Your link has nothing to do with any DQSH. It's about a 15 yr. old allegedly being harassed and abused by an adult who happens to be a drag queen. As far as I've found, no charges have ever been brought against Sharon Needles.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, sexual predators can be found in every profession and in any organization, including such time-honored ones as the Scouts and religiously affiliated ones.

I repeat: "Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?" I've been given links to all kinds of drag queen outrage stories, but none has been about a DQSH.
 
Did I say he wasn't allowed???? When exactly?

I asked him why he found it weird. Apparently he didn't know why he found it weird.

I didn't say that you said he wasn't allowed!

I'm amused at your level of entitlement. I'm amused that you're attempting to police his thoughts.
 
The average drag queen who sits and tells stories for children is no more responsible for the crimes of that person than the teachers in the classroom are responsible for the teacher who put my kids in danger. His misdeeds make pretty grim reading too. The evangelical leader who deliberately covered up child abuse and helped the abuse to maintain unsupervised access to children makes pretty grim reading. The Catholic Church's protection of child abusers makes very grim reading.

Personally I would have been happy for a teacher, a drag queen, an evangelical pastor or a Catholic priest to read stories to my children.

I couldn't care less and stated as much in my qualifier. I didn't post the link for any other reason than it was requested. Don't assume and try to apportion a position that I don't hold, especially when I've made it clear why I've responded in the way I did.
 
But it's not a response to my request. Why do so many posters here have such trouble understanding what "Drag Queen Story Hour" means? Your link has nothing to do with any DQSH. It's about a 15 yr. old allegedly being harassed and abused by an adult who happens to be a drag queen. As far as I've found, no charges have ever been brought against Sharon Needles.

As has been repeatedly pointed out, sexual predators can be found in every profession and in any organization, including such time-honored ones as the Scouts and religiously affiliated ones.

I repeat: "Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?" I've been given links to all kinds of drag queen outrage stories, but none has been about a DQSH.

Yes I know, I said as much.

I know exactly what drag queen story hours means in the context of your request.

Let's say nobody can come up with an example entirely specific to your narrow request. What does that mean?
 
Why do you see it as weird to cross dress? It's the men that get hung up on a gendered uniform that I find weird. Why does gender have a dress code?
If you are "allowed" to find such men wierd then why on earth isn't Warp12 allowed his own library of wierd?


Did I say he wasn't allowed???? When exactly?

I asked him why he found it weird. Apparently he didn't know why he found it weird.
I didn't say that you said he wasn't allowed! I'm amused at your level of entitlement. I'm amused that you're attempting to police his thoughts.

I'm amused at your attempt to spin what Robin said into what you certainly and strongly implied he said. Asking someone 'why' they think something is not 'attempting to police his thoughts'. It's attempting to understand that person's thinking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom