• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Drag Shows!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...and so what are you asking about? I'm asking if the DragStory Hour is a misnomer, and they don't really care if the reader is a drag queen, king, Jack, or possibly 6 of clubs.
Maybe take another look at the DQSH mission statement, which has been posted several times in this thread.
 
Maybe take another look at the DQSH mission statement, which has been posted several times in this thread.

Yes, I was the first to look into it and post it, I believe. What does that have to do with your question about presenting the child rapist as an example of a drag queen gone bad? Or your comment that she would be a drag king...except that she was a woman presenting as a woman, which would be like the Normal Story Hour. She wasn't dressed as a man, was she? This is all untrodden territory.
 
Yes, I was the first to look into it and post it, I believe. What does that have to do with your question about presenting the child rapist as an example of a drag queen gone bad? Or your comment that she would be a drag king...except that she was a woman presenting as a woman, which would be like the Normal Story Hour. She wasn't dressed as a man, was she? This is all untrodden territory.
No, my point is that if she is a trans woman dressing as a woman, she is not a drag queen.

My point is also that edge cases do not represent the whole.
 
Please pay more attention to the arguments. I, for example, am not claiming anyone is hurt or might be.

Please pay more attention to what I asked:"Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?"

I never said you did actually claim that, but you are most certainly outraged by Drag Queen Story Hours and implied children are in danger from sexual predators as evidenced by post #457 . If no child has been harmed, then why the outrage?

Although I propose a long term study of boys there who grow up to have profound trust issues with women, fearing they might unexpectedly whip out a schlong ina moment of intimacy.

That is a joke, btw. Please don't call for the fainting couch.

My pearls were borrowed by my Republican BIL.
 
Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?

This outrage we see from some of our members reminds me of the pre-school satan worship- child sexual abuse scare from the 1980's. All hysterics over something that never happened.

It's the right-wing "Libtard Pushed 'Think of the Children!' Thing to be Outraged About" du jour.

Depends on what you consider harm, I suppose.

that said...

Performer "Flow Job" places pictures of kids from a school visit (in drag) on their sexualized instagram page, without parental consent. And yes, they used the name "Flow Job" when they visited the school.

"Family friendly" drag show has children stuffing cash into a drag performer's bra.

Drag event aimed at kids has huge sign saying "It's not gonna lick itself" where drag performers wearing very skimpy outfits interact with kids, and collect cash from children for their performances in a strip-club-esque fashion.

Milwaukee County Children’s Court judge, who was CEO of "Cream City Foundation", and while CEO got that foundation awarded a grant to do DQST, got arrested for seven counts of possession of child pornography, including some involving toddlers.

Drag Queen who works for an LGBTQ+ youth center arrested with 25 counts of possession of child pornography

Drag Queen at brunch advertised as "all ages drag brunch" lifts dress and gyrates while singing explicit lyrics in front of children.
 
Like I said before... Adults can do whatever the heck they want. Optional events, as long as the content is clearly advertised... I'm not seeking to ban them, but I do find some of them to be unsuitable for kids.

But not at school events. That's a no from me.
 
Please pay more attention to what I asked:"Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?"

I never said you did actually claim that, but you are most certainly outraged by Drag Queen Story Hours and implied children are in danger from sexual predators as evidenced by post #457 . If no child has been harmed, then why the outrage?

I was outraged by that post? I didn't post it, nor comment on it. My postings have expressed bafflement, not outrage.

My criteria for a children's storyteller is how engaging and interesting they are with their young audience, not what is between their legs, as a lot of y'all pervs would have it.

My pearls were borrowed by my Republican BIL.

I hope they are not pre-crushed. They lose a lot of value that way.
 
And that's up to you why?

You want a law? Some kind of restriction such as is done for movies? Or is this just an opinion—if it were up to you?

With movies there is a system of identifying which movies require which ratings. Are you suggesting something similar?


Yes, but I don't think it can be strictly rated like a movie because it is not as passive.There is a certain tactile element with these freaks. I think just a flat restriction is appropriate, oddly.
 
Last edited:
No, my point is that if she is a trans woman dressing as a woman, she is not a drag queen.

My point is also that edge cases do not represent the whole.

Now I'm totally confused. If she is a trans woman, she is just a woman, as I understand it. So she shows up to host a Drag Queen Story Hour, but she is not a drag queen. Or king. She's a woman dressed as a woman. Setting aside the conviction for raping an 8 year old boy for the moment.

Do you understand how all of this acceptance stuff gets confusing? What are you to expect at a drag queen story hour? Just a woman dressed as a woman? That's a rip, man. I mean, what if I showed up dressed as a dude, but said I identified as a woman and should be considered to be in drag, and cash is fine and tips accepted?
 
Now I'm totally confused. If she is a trans woman, she is just a woman, as I understand it. So she shows up to host a Drag Queen Story Hour, but she is not a drag queen. Or king. She's a woman dressed as a woman. Setting aside the conviction for raping an 8 year old boy for the moment.

Do you understand how all of this acceptance stuff gets confusing? What are you to expect at a drag queen story hour? Just a woman dressed as a woman? That's a rip, man. I mean, what if I showed up dressed as a dude, but said I identified as a woman and should be considered to be in drag, and cash is fine and tips accepted?
Do you understand that edge cases do not represent the whole?
 
Thermal what on earth are you arguing for? I’m completely confused as you seem to be all over the place.
 
Depends on what you consider harm, I suppose.

I specifically asked "Can anyone give an example of a child actually being harmed by attending a Drag Queen Story Hour?"

Your examples are not of Story Hours.

Performer "Flow Job" places pictures of kids from a school visit (in drag) on their sexualized instagram page, without parental consent. And yes, they used the name "Flow Job" when they visited the school.

Um..no. Look at the picture of her reading during a DQSH. She is not dressed in sexually suggestive clothing. And, no...that pic should not have been posted on an Instagram account with the children visible.

"Family friendly" drag show has children stuffing cash into a drag performer's bra.

Um..no again. No children are stuffing cash into the performer's bra. They HAND her cash. The 3 people putting cash in the bra are all adults. Looks to me like you read the tweet comment and even misquoted that: "A bakery in NJ hosted a “family-friendly” drag show for all ages. Children hand money to the drag queen who also gets cash stuffed into his bra including from someone who appears to be a minor." That "person" looks every bit an adult, not a child.

Drag event aimed at kids has huge sign saying "It's not gonna lick itself" where drag performers wearing very skimpy outfits interact with kids, and collect cash from children for their performances in a strip-club-esque fashion.

Nope...for the third time. Did you even watch these videos? Tabloid sensationalism designed to provoke controversy and thus traffic.

Milwaukee County Children’s Court judge, who was CEO of "Cream City Foundation", and while CEO got that foundation awarded a grant to do DQST, got arrested for seven counts of possession of child pornography, including some involving toddlers.

Again, this has nothing to do with my question. He had child porn on his home computer.

Drag Queen who works for an LGBTQ+ youth center arrested with 25 counts of possession of child pornography

And yet again....nothing to do with my question.

Drag Queen at brunch advertised as "all ages drag brunch" lifts dress and gyrates while singing explicit lyrics in front of children.

Oh, dear. It was NOT advertised as an "all ages drag brunch". That is a lie posted by Sara Gonzales, a right-wing activist, on her Twitter account. In fact,

" Social media listings for the event warned of “strong language and suggestive dialogue” that “may not be appropriate for all ages.”

The invite also comes with a disclaimer and a “viewer discretion” warning.

“This is a ticketed event at a private establishment,” the posting said.

“We believe it is the prerogative of parents/guardians to make decisions regarding the wellbeing of their children.

“If you would not allow your children to see a Rated R movie or watch TV-MA programming, this is not the event for them. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.”

NONE of your links have anything to do with my question.
 
Thermal what on earth are you arguing for? I’m completely confused as you seem to be all over the place.

Yeah welcome to the club.

ETA: we've got one yahoo that claims I use the phrase "bag of dildos" which it turns out I never used(I searched it), another who claims that I am outraged by another poster (who I said nothing about), and another calling me to the carpet about drag kings and queens while our subject is apparently neither. I'm as confused as anyone here.
 
Last edited:
I was outraged by that post? I didn't post it, nor comment on it. My postings have expressed bafflement, not outrage.

My criteria for a children's storyteller is how engaging and interesting they are with their young audience, not what is between their legs, as a lot of y'all pervs would have it.


My bad. For some reason, I read "Thermal" but thought "WWBDD". Huge brain fart.
 
I mean, damn. The gay panic got turned up to 11 in this thread.


The part that interests me about your statement, is that I believe most of the people associating homosexuality with drag, in this thread, are liberals.

I don't see it like that. I just see cross-dressing weirdos.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom