• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Does the soul exist?

For many, the thought of ceasing to exist at some point is indeed frightening (for others, it's tossed off with a shrug of the shoulders). Are we nothing more than the inevitable structural results of a math-based universe full of law-abiding particles? Like I said before, the only way to know for sure is to die. I think it's a nagging question that will always be a part of the human condition. I do think that the worst response to the question is to act as if you know the answer, but one can operate under an assumption based on the evidence available--which, right now, is none.
 
Like I said before, the only way to know for sure is to die.
How can you know anything if youre dead? I know I dont have a soul. When I die I will loose that knowledge. In fact I will loose all knowledge.
 
The universe has been in existence for approximately 13.7 billion years. No one alive today has any experiences or memories of that long period except for these few years of our lives. Similarly, the universe will go on for another huge number of billions of years, and we will continue to have no experiences with that future. Face reality: We all live in a brief bubble of existence -- enjoy it!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom