• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cruz steps into the ring...

Why do people oppose cruze?

Does anyone have any policy arguments?
I have two. Read about this bill that Cruz has introduced. But don't just read his idiotic take on it, look at other analyses. If passed, it would be a calamity of the first order.

Second, Cruz has John Bolton as one of his (his main?) foreign policy adviser. Bolton is a war hawks war hawk. He have us nuking Iran within 6 months of Cruz taking office. Bolton is also a calamity of the first order.
 
Why do people oppose cruze?

Does anyone have any policy arguments?
Here's another one: Cruz subscribes to the nutty notion that Agenda 21 is part of a vast conspiracy by the UN to take over America.

Cruz also pinned responsibility for the agenda on a reliable boogeyman. "The originator of this grand scheme is George Soros.... He has given millions to this project." Cruz went on to write that Agenda 21 "attempts to abolish" things like "golf courses, grazing pastures, and paved roads."

"In the U.S. Senate, I intend to continue leading the fight, to stop Agenda 21 and any other globalist plan that tries to subvert the U.S. Constitution and the liberties we all cherish as Americans," Cruz concluded. "We need fighters in the Senate, who will stand and defend We the People."

Note: That's from the National Journal, not your typical limp-wristed, panty-waist librul site.
 
Ted Cruz claims 9-11 made him love country music.

"You know, music is interesting," he said on CBS "This Morning." "I grew up listening to classic rock, and I'll tell you sort of an odd story."
"My music taste changed on 9/11," he said, followed by a pause.
Co-host Gayle King nodded.
"I actually intellectually find this very curious, but on 9/11, I didn't like how rock music responded," the senator went on. "And country music, collectively, the way they responded, it resonated with me."

Really?:)

He didn't like the way the rockers dealt with it, so he changed his taste in music to...country.:rolleyes: It just comes across as a sleazy disingenuous attempt to ingratiate himself with country music fans.

Here's Bill Maher's take on Cruz' change of heart about Classic Rock after 9/11.
An Opportunity to Lie Video

Maher, of course, totally owns Cruz with a list of rock concerts honoring the loss. Cruz is just a street preacher saying crazy things to get attention. Kind of like a Sarah Palin in Ivy League tweed.

But what really pissed off Maher was Cruz’s comments about switching to country music after 9/11 and abandoning classic rock because he “didn’t like how rock music responded” to the tragic events of that day. Maher read off a huge list, growing steadily more agitated with each name, of classic rockers who performed at big fundraising concerts after 9/11 and asked what Cruz was talkng about.

Frank offered Cruz some advice: “Try not to say something that no one will believe.”
 
Last edited:
Last edited:
If he didn't already love Waylon, Willie, Hank and Johnny, there's something wrong with him.
 
If he didn't already love Waylon, Willie, Hank and Johnny, there's something wrong with him.

I'm not sure there's a cause:effect relationship in there. There's clearly something wrong with him. Was that caused by him liking Country & Western?

I think we also have to look at my Universal Political Translator. "I loves me some country music" put through the translator, comes out as "Vote for ME!" When he arrives at Bible Thumper U. in Bayou La Redneque, he's going to reverse translate Politicalese>Cajun and it'll come out.... "Vote for ME!" = "I loves me some Zydeco!"
 
He'd better hope he does better than Romney did in trying to pretend he appreciates the local culture, with his, "I love Nascar. I'm friends with a couple of team owners."
 
He'd better hope he does better than Romney did in trying to pretend he appreciates the local culture, with his, "I love Nascar. I'm friends with a couple of team owners."

I love it when the 1% get "down-home folksy". Bush I's famous astonishment when first seeing a supermarket scanner was brilliant,... but in ways he couldn't fathom. He thought he was just noting something interesting and the whole country said, "What????"
 
I think we also have to look at my Universal Political Translator. "I loves me some country music" put through the translator, comes out as "Vote for ME!" When he arrives at Bible Thumper U. in Bayou La Redneque, he's going to reverse translate Politicalese>Cajun and it'll come out.... "Vote for ME!" = "I loves me some Zydeco!"

I tried putting "I loves me some Stockhausen!" into the translator and now it's broken.
 
Or when Cruz tries to wax all sciency he can really step in it.

Cruz: “Today, the global warming alarmists are the equivalent of the flat-Earthers. It used to be [that] it is accepted scientific wisdom the Earth is flat, and this heretic named Galileo was branded a denier.”

Cruz managed to get a few things wrong in addition to not understanding that the earth is warming.
First, Galileo did not become famous for arguing against flat-Earthers: he argued that the Earth revolved around the sun (the heliocentric model of the solar system) rather than the sun revolving around the earth (the geocentric or Ptolemaic model, after the Greek philosopher Ptolemy).

And to make matters even worse!

Second, Galileo was not a denialist, nor was he called one. He was not denying a vast array of scientific data to make his point–just the opposite, in fact. The data showed that the Earth and other planets revolved around the sun, and the Catholic church (among other institutions) didn’t want to believe it, and therefore they forced him to recant. The Church didn’t call Galileo a “denier.”

Cruz’s statement is not just wrong: it’s also arrogant.
 
Last edited:
Apparently Marco Rubio is planning on announcing in the next week or two.

Which one is planning on being the other's running mate?
 
Apparently Marco Rubio is planning on announcing in the next week or two.

Which one is planning on being the other's running mate?

Cruz would eat him alive if they ever had to campaign together. Rubio has moderated his AGW denial to the point where he is kind of at the "Yeah, well we can't do anything about it" stage. Cruz and Rubio are both narcissists, very concerned with optics and image, but I'm guessing that Cruz feels that Rubio is not in his league intellectually.

I still wonder why people think Cruz is "intelligent" though, other than that he did well memorizing stuff in law school. To me, high intelligence would include a cursory knowledge of the nature of Galileo's fame.
 
Apparently Marco Rubio is planning on announcing in the next week or two.

Which one is planning on being the other's running mate?

If there are ever two Latinos together at a GOP event, one of them is generally busing tables. The entire states of Montana, North Dakota, Idaho and Wyoming would stay home for an election with two Latinos on the GOP ticket.

Meh? I'd get out my old Brigadier General costume and go around talking about how the evil Republickers have allowed the Cubans to infiltrate to the highest levels of the government. (Imagine the Dems having two Cubans on the ticket. "Cuba? They're commies. How we uns gonna know they aren't going to sell our babies to the gypsies?" )
 
I think he is perfectly qualified to run. Perfectly.

But why did his daddy have to leave the country to get work? Couldn't he get one in the US rather than taking a job from Canadian citizens?

Just asking questions. :(

For every USA American that gets a job in Canada, there's probably a Canuck who gets a job south of the border. It all works out to the mutual benefit of citizens of both countries.

Americans ask the same question when a foreigner gets a job in the USA, but it's misguided thinking.
 
I still wonder why people think Cruz is "intelligent" though, other than that he did well memorizing stuff in law school. To me, high intelligence would include a cursory knowledge of the nature of Galileo's fame.
Not to mention, grasping the real meaning of Green Eggs and Ham.
 
So, I don't choose to read 7 pages and dozens of threads, so here's my, screw this guy comment, sorry if it's been done.

Here he was giving a speech recently about no amnesty. His rationale, the supposed millions in line wanting to immigrate legally.

His example, his father was a legal immigrant.

Yeah, jerkface, when all any Cuban immigrant had to do was set foot on US soil to be immediately accepted into the fold.

What a selfish soul that man has.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom