• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cops kill yet another black guy for probably no reason

Oh, so you have videos of the Officers involved doing bad things?


The relevance of other Officers doing bad things is the same as the relevance of every other drunk driver.
But how can you draw generalized conclusions about the kid and then say one cannot draw conclusions about the cops?
 
Why are you not considering the videos and convictions of 20 year old black males doing bad things? Why are you not considering that people are not likely to come out and say bad things about somebody who just died, especially friends close to the deceased? Why are you not considering all the videos and convictions of criminals by skilled police officers?

All that matters is what actually happened. All this crap about characterizing the slain man and the cops as being either good or bad is just that. It's a complete waste of time.

I did consider all those things. The three years in college and an intact family and parents who valued education suggested the "videos and convictions of 20 year old black males doing bad things" was much less likely to apply.

I also took into account he fact the cops in that city had no history of shooting, but that didn't fit with this being the one time that differed. If you put a single gung ho cop stepping in front of the car into the mix, the pieces did then fit.
 
I did consider all those things. The three years in college and an intact family and parents who valued education suggested the "videos and convictions of 20 year old black males doing bad things" was much less likely to apply.

I also took into account he fact the cops in that city had no history of shooting, but that didn't fit with this being the one time that differed. If you put a single gung ho cop stepping in front of the car into the mix, the pieces did then fit.

Sure, the pieces fit as long as you exercise bad skepticism and refuse to acknowledge any facts that don't fit your scenario.
 
OK, same thing keeps coming up here so let me ask you all, why are you applying stereotypes to the kid's behavior and then complaining about me applying the same to the police behavior?
 
OK, same thing keeps coming up here so let me ask you all, why are you applying stereotypes to the kid's behavior and then complaining about me applying the same to the police behavior?

What stereotype, precisely, was applied to the driver's behavior that was not evidenced by the news reports?
 
What generalized conclusions did I draw?
post 49: At what point, while an Officer is hanging onto your hood, does one continue to drive forward? At what point in the process of hitting at least one more Officer (possibly a 3rd) should one realize: "whoops, that must be the accelerator"?

post 59: The kid in the driver's seat was endangering lives of Officers (and bystanders - his view was definitely obstructed) with a lethal weapon (yes, a vehicle is considered a lethal weapon).

At what point in time can you guys denouncing the Officers actions claim that this kid was not at fault here? Because Officers rapped on his window, so he was just trying to move the car? Really. He was just trying to move the car to a legal parking space - with an Officer on the hood? Really. You're really going to defend that preposterous position? Good luck, I think you'll need it.

post 83: This has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with a dumb kid reacted poorly to a Police Officer rapping on his window. What followed was the lives of 2 other Officers put in danger - and for that, they defended themselves.




I stopped looking at that point. You are just as speculative here about the kid as I have been about the cops.
 
post 49: At what point, while an Officer is hanging onto your hood, does one continue to drive forward? At what point in the process of hitting at least one more Officer (possibly a 3rd) should one realize: "whoops, that must be the accelerator"?

post 59: The kid in the driver's seat was endangering lives of Officers (and bystanders - his view was definitely obstructed) with a lethal weapon (yes, a vehicle is considered a lethal weapon).

At what point in time can you guys denouncing the Officers actions claim that this kid was not at fault here? Because Officers rapped on his window, so he was just trying to move the car? Really. He was just trying to move the car to a legal parking space - with an Officer on the hood? Really. You're really going to defend that preposterous position? Good luck, I think you'll need it.

post 83: This has nothing to do with race. It has everything to do with a dumb kid reacted poorly to a Police Officer rapping on his window. What followed was the lives of 2 other Officers put in danger - and for that, they defended themselves.




I stopped looking at that point. You are just as speculative here about the kid as I have been about the cops.
No, these were all based on multiple sources. There were no assumptions made in regards to the driver - other than that he had continued driving the vehicle while an Officer was on the hood and after an Officer had been hit by the same vehicle.

Where are the unfounded stereotypes, Ginger?
 
Who did that?
This is mind boggling. I get it that I have a view of the cops not everyone holds. But to claim peoples' view of the kid is not equally speculative, and worse, to not even see where people are doing that?

Are you all really oblivious to the stereotyped view of this kid that is being portrayed here? Seriously?
 
No, these were all based on multiple sources. There were no assumptions made in regards to the driver - other than that he had continued driving the vehicle while an Officer was on the hood and after an Officer had been hit by the same vehicle.

Where are the unfounded stereotypes, Ginger?
No, those are based on the police accounts and they discount the passenger's account. Only later in the thread was there an additional witness you referred to.

If the passenger in the car has one story and the cops have another, you are stereotypically assuming the kids are the liars.
 
Last edited:
This is mind boggling. I get it that I have a view of the cops not everyone holds. But to claim peoples' view of the kid is not equally speculative, and worse, to not even see where people are doing that?

Are you all really oblivious to the stereotyped view of this kid that is being portrayed here? Seriously?

In what stereotyped way is the driver of the vehicle being portrayed (and by stereotyped, I really mean unsupported assumptions regarding the driver's actions)?

Everything that I have posted about the incident/driver has been supported by multiple sources. That is not the same as the unfounded accusations based on poor stereotypes that you have presented.
 
No, those are based on the police accounts and they discount the passenger's account. Only later in the thread was there an additional witness you referred to.

The passenger claimed there was never an officer on the hood of the car? Do you have a transcript of the passenger's account? Or how about even a quote of some part of it that doesn't fit what the Officers claimed to have happened?
 
This is mind boggling. I get it that I have a view of the cops not everyone holds. But to claim peoples' view of the kid is not equally speculative, and worse, to not even see where people are doing that?

Are you all really oblivious to the stereotyped view of this kid that is being portrayed here? Seriously?

So I take it you will not be presenting any evidence that the kid was stereotyped in the same manner that you did with the cops that shot him.
 
The passenger claimed there was never an officer on the hood of the car? Do you have a transcript of the passenger's account? Or how about even a quote of some part of it that doesn't fit what the Officers claimed to have happened?

I give up, Bob. I answered your concern 3 times now and you just ignore my answer and repeat your question. Clearly you cannot see the assumptions you are making even when I point them out.

You are assuming the passenger is a liar and the cops are telling the truth. YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE THINGS. You are assuming them. You are assuming the kid hit the cop, the passenger said the cop jumped in front of the car.
 
So I take it you will not be presenting any evidence that the kid was stereotyped in the same manner that you did with the cops that shot him.
Mind boggling, I tell you. You all cannot see your assumptions about this kid and this scenario. It's absolutely mind boggling, and sad.
 
I give up, Bob. I answered your concern 3 times now and you just ignore my answer and repeat your question. Clearly you cannot see the assumptions you are making even when I point them out.

You are assuming the passenger is a liar and the cops are telling the truth. YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE THINGS. You are assuming them. You are assuming the kid hit the cop, the passenger said the cop jumped in front of the car.

The evidence fits the story of the Police far more closely than it fits anything the passenger claimed happened.

At what point did the passenger claim there was no Officer on the hood of the vehicle?

At what point did the passenger deny Officers were injured by the vehicle (remember, news reports indicate that multiple Officers were treated for injuries)


I have been given no reason, as of yet, to believe the Media reports were incorrect in stating that Officers were injured by the vehicle, that an Officer was riding on the hood, and that the vehicle crashed into a Police Cruiser.

Those are all verifiable facts, Ginger. Facts that have direct bearing on what occurred. Do you deny this?
 
That tactic might work on people who really haven't posted their case. But when someone has, it just makes you look foolish.

And you still haven't pointed out how I stereotyped the kid in the manner you did the cops. One might think this is because you are completely unable to.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom