• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Cop Protects and Serves an Innocent 17 Year Old Into a Coma

.
Why ask? Because it takes up space in the media. I can ignore the sports pages and the sports reviews on tv, but when it slops over into real news, ewwww!

I can think of a handful of other, more ligitimate, reasons reasons that professional sports are distasteful.
 
Police dash-cam videos are regularly released to the media; they are available on a number of websites.
However, an individual body-cam recording of an incident that was going to be adjudicated would de-facto be evidence.... And could not (or at least should not) be released until after the courts process was concluded.

This.

In my daily duties as a former police officer, I'd run through normal day to day information you may not want made available publicly. I might be asking for personal identification - name, address, drivers license number, license plate, etc. In rare cases, I'd be in the early stages of investigating a sexual assault (sometimes in a public area). People would need reasonable protection from this information being made public, especially when they are minors. This is the only reasonable way I can see that being done.
 
I wonder if a police officer might be less inclined to give a person a break and let them go with a warning if they were being monitored by video. Any cops/ex-cops with an opinion on that? How else might a camera affect your/their work?

Would they be asked why they didn't arrest a particular person, or why they let someone go with a warning?

Would some potential cops even take the job if they had to wear a camera? I wouldn't want to wear one all day at my job.

How many lives would be saved? Is the problem bad enough to warrant more monitoring and cameras in our society? I'm of the opinion that the phrase, "If just one life can be saved, it's worth it..." is bull (and I did not read that phrase in this thread), but it's the attitude these days it seems. More laws, more cameras!
 
Last edited:
We've been through the discussion about video before, here somewhere. The cameras cause a drop in complaints by about 80%, IIRC. But it is probably a mix of keeping bully cops in control, eliminating the fraudulent complaints, plus showing the cases where the violence was justified.

I've often said police should use cameras because it will vindicate a lot more than people think.

I've often wondered if total "slip and fall" accidents plummeted after stores put in omnipresent cameras, suggesting it was mostly fraud (and no lawyers go to jail, meh.)
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom