tsig
a carbon based life-form
- Joined
- Nov 25, 2005
- Messages
- 39,049
Or any action. I'm still waiting for a spell to be cast on me. All the chaos magic websites say that is possible.
OK do you want to be a newt or a frog?
Or any action. I'm still waiting for a spell to be cast on me. All the chaos magic websites say that is possible.
OK do you want to be a newt or a frog?
That's anthropomorphising - why assume an act of creation by a creator?For me the elephant in the room is the act of creation itself. Can it be understood and can anything be gleaned about the creator?
Blind to what?Or are we the blind leading the blind through a dust world of pure coincidence and chance events?
That's anthropomorphising - why assume an act of creation by a creator?
Blind to what?
What dust?
Coincidence (in the general sense) is a conscious construction, pure or otherwise. If there was no perceived element of chance to events, life would be very dull & predictable.
BTW if you dropped the poesy, it would be easier to understand your point...
Why would I need to straw-man?
Because people aren't making the points you want to argue, or you don't want to argue the points they are making?
The one thing that the mystical experience gives is the ability to write reams of gibberish.
That's anthropomorphising - why assume an act of creation by a creator?
Blind to what?
What dust?
Coincidence (in the general sense) is a conscious construction, pure or otherwise. If there was no perceived element of chance to events, life would be very dull & predictable.
BTW if you dropped the poesy, it would be easier to understand your point...
And that is all it does.
When you're 'on script' you don't need to actually respond to the content of another's post you just write what's on the next page.
A tiny, very hot ball of energy expanded to become the universe we see. We don't know what came before that, but there are some interesting hypotheses - some of which may be testable.Well I could say the known universe popped into existence, the point remains,what happened? was it just a loud popping noise or what?
Ah - I had a picture of the T-shirt image of figures following each other in evolutionary order, with each carrying a white stick."blind leading the blind", is a phrase suggesting a lack of direction or goal, perhaps going round in circles.
Not this universe then, which is only about 4.6% normal matter."dust" I am refering to a universe consisting largely of dust. Randomly scattered fragments of aggregations of atoms.
Artificial or sentimentalized poetic writing.Please explain what you mean by 'poesy'.
You can try.I can continue without 'belief', I am well used to it. However if you use it I may well shoot it down.
Gibberish is by definitionin meaningless. It's not rational and frames of reference are irrelevant.Gibberish may be rational while not understandable buy certain frames of reference.
Yes.You replied 'no' (post 1659) when I mentioned what I was refering to when using 'mind of God'.
Sure. "No" in this case is shorthand for "The preceding assemblage of words quoted here appears to be a sentence, but this is purely syntactic, and it in fact conveys no coherent meaning, only the impression of a profoundly confused mind."Can you explain how you arrived at no.
My suggestion is that everything originated in the mind of God.
Well I could say the known universe popped into existence, the point remains,what happened?
Well I could say the known universe popped into existence, the point remains,what happened? was it just a loud popping noise or what?
"blind leading the blind", is a phrase suggesting a lack of direction or goal, perhaps going round in circles.
"dust" I am refering to a universe consisting largely of dust. Randomly scattered fragments of aggregations of atoms.
Please explain what you mean by 'poesy'.
Non sequitur much?. The subject is this chaos magic malarky. Do you have anything understandable to say about it?I repeat beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
the debate does seem to be going off at a tangent ...I'd like to ask a question,
Given that a few seem to think these unusual events,experiences are real despite no way to confirm them or having any evidence why should they be given any credibility? bearing in mind that should they be granted any such boon by science every fairy, bigfoot, nessie hunter, psychic and die hard woo fan would say what about us?!!!! I think that is a Panoras box that should be left well alone until someone comes up with a method to seperate any possible real phenomena from all the hoaxes, vivid imaginations etc in a way that can be scientifically verified
You can try.
Gibberish is by definitionin meaningless. It's not rational and frames of reference are irrelevant.
Yes.
Sure. "No" in this case is shorthand for "The preceding assemblage of words quoted here appears to be a sentence, but this is purely syntactic, and it in fact conveys no coherent meaning, only the impression of a profoundly confused mind."
You can see why I abbreviate that to "No".
Why?
So your position is that you don't know how the universe began, therefore God did it?