• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Burka Bounty Introduced in Belgium

Was my description in any way, shape, or form inaccurate or irrelevant to this discussion?

Is not the burka issue the result of the blowing political winds of passion in an unrestricted vox populi vox dei parliamentary system? And that that is the problem here?

People dance around the issue, should it be done, rather than question whether restriction of religion by government is even a proper thing for government to be involved with.

I think you are right, the state already has enough power to intervene in our lives without giving it say over what we can and can not wear in response to the passing winds of temporary public opinion.
 
Come to think of it if you really beleive in freedom then you cannot beleive in burka bans if someone wants to wear a burka let them it shold be down to them and no one else
 
Come to think of it if you really beleive in freedom then you cannot beleive in burka bans if someone wants to wear a burka let them it shold be down to them and no one else

Yes it should. I'm very skeptical, however, that women who wear burqas do so voluntarily.
 
Yes it should. I'm very skeptical, however, that women who wear burqas do so voluntarily.
.
I expect some do, it's a matter of faith... and culture.
I'd be surprised that -all- of them desire to wear that thing.
 
Glad I got my glasses to see what the title was.

First glance was "Bukkake Bounty Introduced in Belgium," and I nearly choked with laughter.

Sorry to see that it's a more mundane story, with the usual canned positions being tossed out for public display.

I am now pondering on how profitable the right wing group might be if they declared a Bukkake Bounty: i.e., any time someone snitches on someone involved in Bukkake there's a fine and ... somehow ... profit.

Wait a sec, there's already the porn industry, which is fine.

Never mind.
 
The stupid is strong on all sides of this one.
 
Agreed on all counts.

As far as I know, this is already the case. The 'burqa ban' in itself was also quite unnecessary in Belgium, as it was already illegal to wear full-face coverings regardless of their type, with some exceptions (eg: Carnival).
 
I've seen only one extraordinarily beautiful black woman wearing a scarf and concealing robe at the Mall.
Haven't seen a burqa yet.

I've seen a couple in Montreal. It feels weird to see someone completely covered like that. I think this uncomfortable feeling it gives us is at the root of the uproar, even if people are not aware of it.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom