JJM 777
Illuminator
- Joined
- Jun 25, 2004
- Messages
- 4,060
So they declared an all-out war on burka. I believe that declaring an all-out war on burka leads to a better future for these women than quietly tolerating the burka.
---
If you believe that burka is "a choice of personal religious conscience", it would not be nice or peaceful or recommendable to declare such a war on it.
But if you believe that burka is social repression of women, it would be understandable to declare a war against it on all fronts and at all costs. On second thought, I believe the latter to be closer to reality.
---
If you believe that burka is "a choice of personal religious conscience", it would not be nice or peaceful or recommendable to declare such a war on it.
But if you believe that burka is social repression of women, it would be understandable to declare a war against it on all fronts and at all costs. On second thought, I believe the latter to be closer to reality.