• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Breaking: John Boehner Sex Scandal!!!

The only importance I can see here is if he was giving special favors to a lobbyist. That would be true if the special favors were because of money, sex, or trading over a level 50 Raichu.

Still, did Boehner run on a family values platform? I'm not going to just assume that he did because he's a conservative Republican.
 
Oh, for crying out loud. Sen. David Vitter was just reelected. He was embroiled with prostitutes in both Washington and back home in Louisiana. It was revealed that he has a friggin' diaper fetish! Sen. John Ensign, poised to run for reelection next year, had an affair with the wife of his top staffer and best friend, she also being on staff. His congressional roommates in the C Street House (a religious enclave) had to run an intervention and force him to write and mail a letter ostensibly breaking off the affair. The senator's parents paid a large sum of cash to the cuckold.

I don't buy into the Boehner story, he deserving the benefit of the doubt until the evidence becomes more self-evident. But there's a path to survival for some sexual miscreants, as long as teh gay isn't involved.
 
Originally Posted by eeyore1954
Democrats use Tu Quoques too.
I hope this was meant to be ironic.

Yeah thats why I called it a double Tu Quoque and a more important question is Tu Quoque supposed to be always capitlized. My shift key finger is developing palsy.
 
Originally Posted by eeyore1954
Democrats use Tu Quoques too.


Yeah thats why I called it a double Tu Quoque and a more important question is Tu Quoque supposed to be always capitlized. My shift key finger is developing palsy.

As the title of a fallacy, yes. If you were to just say, "tu quoque," to mean it literally, than no.
 
It only matters if it is a republican, because republicans all run on family values, and are generally conservative and publically prudish.

It is fun, when some doofus lectures us on morality and propriety, to rub his nose in the mess he leaves on the carpet.

Having an affair shows what hypocrites they are, which is much worse than having sex with someone they are not married to.

It doesn't matter to me whose fuzzy he bumps as long as the act is consensual and he does not pay for it out of MY pocket. Given that one of the women he most probably did is a lobbyist, you can pretty well bet that it was in exchange for some concessions he had no right to trade. If, as I have heard alleged, he was also doing staffers, he is very likely abusing his authority. I douybt that a lot of women have a particular ambition to go to DC to get their freak on with a married man with no class. Edwards and Clinton were both considered major stud muffins. Monica clearly wanted Clinton before she got there. We thought it was icky, but, as long as Hillary was cool with it....malesh! But when Edwards turned out to be so totally callous toward his dying wife we turned our backs on him. And when he became abusive, none of us had a kind word left for him. He had sunk so far into the slime that Newt could stand on his shoulders.

Democrats, on the other hand, can have all the affairs they want, because they don't run on family values, and being liberal, they don't care what others do with their free time.

Utter bull flops. Our rule in such things is simple. "Imprimus non nocere."

The Coppertone Boy has decidedly crossed that line somewhere.
 
I find it haed to believe, but it's probably true. Always expect the worst out of Washington.
 
Hopefully The Enquirer will run an story about how he escaped the chocolate factory. I'm curious to hear how he and Snookie managed to elude Wonka the slavemaster.
 
Hopefully The Enquirer will run an story about how he escaped the chocolate factory. I'm curious to hear how he and Snookie managed to elude Wonka the slavemaster.

If they re-did the movie Elf with Oompah-Loompahs, Boehner would definitely get the Will Ferrell part.
 
You assume that just because he slept with a lobbyist that he "came over" to her way of thinking?

A quote I've heard attributed to Lyndon Johnson (who above all else was the consumate politician) goes to the effect: "If you can't drink their booze, take their money, sleep with their women, and then vote against them the next day, you don't belong in the game."

Beanbag
 
You assume that just because he slept with a lobbyist that he "came over" to her way of thinking?

A quote I've heard attributed to Lyndon Johnson (who above all else was the consumate politician) goes to the effect: "If you can't drink their booze, take their money, sleep with their women, and then vote against them the next day, you don't belong in the game."

Beanbag

Who is assuming that?
 
For crying out loud. If only those of us who generally agree with you on the big picture didn't have to deal your asinine posts being thrown back in our faces.


Being one of those who probably disagrees with you on almost any major matter of public policy, I know much better than to assume that he speaks for you, or or most of those on your side of the debate. I wouldn't assume that he speaks for anyone outside of the most extreme Loughner-wannabe fringes. I rather expect that those of you into the more mainstream left find him to be about as scary, creepy, and disturbing as those of us on the right do. Perhaps more so because of the fear, that you just expressed, that some will think that he, in any way, represents your side of the political aisle.
 
Being one of those who probably disagrees with you on almost any major matter of public policy, I know much better than to assume that he speaks for you, or or most of those on your side of the debate. I wouldn't assume that he speaks for anyone outside of the most extreme Loughner-wannabe fringes.

That's an unfair and inaccurate comparison.

He's closer to John Patrick Bedell than he is to Jared Loughner. ;)
 
You assume that just because he slept with a lobbyist that he "came over" to her way of thinking?

A quote I've heard attributed to Lyndon Johnson (who above all else was the consumate politician) goes to the effect: "If you can't drink their booze, take their money, sleep with their women, and then vote against them the next day, you don't belong in the game."

Beanbag

I like the LBJ quote, but I don't get the idea that this story is about the Orange Bone sleeping with one of "their" women. If there is any merit to this, sleeping with a lobbyist is unlikely to be a political rivals' woman and more likely to be someone trying to get to him from a different angle ... maybe a 69 degree angle.
 
Why do Americans care so much about their politicians' sex lives? Shouldn't what matters be how well they govern, and let their private life be their private life?
Because this jackass leads the party of "family values sanctity of marriage" bible-thumping morality preachers in the House.
 
Last edited:
I like the LBJ quote, but I don't get the idea that this story is about the Orange Bone sleeping with one of "their" women. If there is any merit to this, sleeping with a lobbyist is unlikely to be a political rivals' woman and more likely to be someone trying to get to him from a different angle ... maybe a 69 degree angle.

The LBJ quote is pretty clearly about lobbyists, not your political rivals. Why would your political rival give you all those things? Why would you be expected to vote for your political rivals goal (which is why voting against them would take strength of will)?
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom