• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Breakfast and plans for the 12th

Woohoo! :)

But, Mercutio, I just have no idea. Kitten says "food and dancing and such", which is very broad.

I'm all for company. Maybe we could go out for dinner, in a place informal enough that we can walk around and switch places and stay until later at night?

Las Vegas folks, where are you???

Ideally:

A place either in the hotel, or a short drive from it;
We can stay until midnight, or later;
We can talk to each other.

Dancing, to me, is optional. If most people prefer it, then it's ok. Considering I'll be jetlagged, it's very likely I won't stay until long. Whatever happens, we're supposed to have fun!
 
The Peppermill is right across the street, you guys. That's good.


I better have my phonebook in my phone full of skeptic numbers for that week.
 
I won't be carrying a cell phone, but what about a message board somewhere close to the hotel reception to inform about daily activities, times, locations, etc?

I missed a lot of opportunities to socialize with fellow skeptics in the previous TAM's, I don't like this happen again.
 
The Peppermill is fine by me!

What do you think, kitten? Input from others?

What time do you think it's better, Moe? Maybe 9pm? Better sooner than later, as folks will be tired from the trip, including me.
 
Hey Luc, if you hang around until after 11 p.m., then I'll get to buy you a birthday drink or something. I'll be sleeping all the plane all day, but hope others get time to rest on their travels too. Good to see a plan going up.
 
Some of us ended up at Peppermill last year. It was an interesting place, if a little loud. I am up for it. It is also supposed to have great breakfast.

Oh, if any people are up for another excursion to the Thai place at some point, look me up- it is on one of my planned activities, along with another walk on the strip and the pajama party- of course. Last year 27 people showed up to the Thai place :)

One of the difficulties last year was a lack of centralized information exchange. Too much time was lost herding people together, figuring out who wanted to do what, who was hanging out where, and there was always someone who wanted to do something else. If we could set up a board somewhere, that would be ideal, but if we can't, I think 2-3 people should be centers of info, so they can make coordinated decisions, and those who want to can join up.
 
SURE, EOS!

I was thinking 9pm to midnight at least. We might be too tired to stay much longer, but I'll use my charm and wit to keep everybody awake so that we can entertain latecomers. :D

Kitten, I just need you ok! Give us your opinion!
 
Originally posted by renata
Some of us ended up at Peppermill last year. It was an interesting place, if a little loud. I am up for it. It is also supposed to have great breakfast.

Oh, if any people are up for another excursion to the Thai place at some point, look me up- it is on one of my planned activities, along with another walk on the strip and the pajama party- of course. Last year 27 people showed up to the Thai place :)

One of the difficulties last year was a lack of centralized information exchange. Too much time was lost herding people together, figuring out who wanted to do what, who was hanging out where, and there was always someone who wanted to do something else. If we could set up a board somewhere, that would be ideal, but if we can't, I think 2-3 people should be centers of info, so they can make coordinated decisions, and those who want to can join up.
Two possibilities:

Deciding on 2 or maybe 3 options for dinner the day before, notify people of the options during the day, with info on who is the person to talk to about it, where they are gathering and when?

Or decide on a fixed meeting place in the hotel itself (last year it was either the lobby or that little restaurant in the back, you were bound to bump into some stray JREF-ers there) on a set hour, and anyone who's too late can contact the "switchboard"-person to find out where to go, or wait for other people who missed the big groups and do something on their own.

Or maybe a combination of the two is even better...
 
Before you all go adjusting your stereotypes about Belgians, I'm not normally this organised, I think it's Renata's good influence from last year ;)

:belgium:
 
Luciana Nery said:
SURE, EOS!

I was thinking 9pm to midnight at least. We might be too tired to stay much longer, but I'll use my charm and wit to keep everybody awake so that we can entertain latecomers. :D

Kitten, I just need you ok! Give us your opinion!

I hear Kitten is pretty busy, so I hope she does see this. I'm glad to see somebody has charm and wit in the house! In person I tend to stutter and or talk too fast, one extreme or another, so yes, keep everybody on their toes until after 11 p.m. at least :D

Lots of good ideas for getting organized! Keep up the good work everybody! I don't have a cell phone...drat it!
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom