• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

Black Panthers Show Up As Armed Security At Philly Polling Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
a couple of idiots at a single poll is shameful, but not unexpected. When I voted this morning, you had fools carrying campaign signs into the voting area.

If there was a large orchestrated effort at multiple polling places of these guys, then I'd call it concerning. As it stands, it's a couple of fools doing foolish things.
 
...Well yeah, there are idiots in the Black community too. (Shocking how stupid sees no race.:rolleyes: ) As Joobz said this doesn't seem to be a large effort in Philly much less the nation.
 
No, Alex is a basement syndo-anarchist (or whatever it is). Meaning, he sits in his mom's basement talking about how evil government is and they should just let people go out and take all the money they want.

Anarcho-Capitalist.

And your desire to place me in "mom's basement" is so strong you cite it as fact without any evidence, even though I could obviously offer evidence to the contrary. Which Ivy League school did you fine-tune your debating skills at?
 
This is chilling. I was sure I had Alex on my ignore list.

Anyway, fixed now! And also, here's another silly race-panic thread I can ignore. Because we all know a big white guy with a stick would get the exact same attention from Cicero and Wildcat. Exact same. Yup. Race not a factor at all there.
 
Do you not have access to the internet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU

Okay, that was ackward.

I saw no evidence of anyone being harrassed by either party in that encounter. Notice the entire time that there are people walking into and out of the polling place as if nothing is out of the ordinary.

It seems to me that the only person spooked by the two guys standing was the guy with the camera.

If this qualifies as "voter intimidation", on the part of either side, then Cicero has a pretty low standard of evidence, imo.
 
Last edited:
Okay, that was ackward.

I saw no evidence of anyone being harrassed by either party in that encounter. Notice the entire time that there are people walking into and out of the polling place as if nothing is out of the ordinary.

It seems to me that the only person spooked by the two guys standing was the guy with the camera.

If this qualifies as "voter intimidation", on the part of either side, then Cicero has a pretty lay standard of evidence, imo.
I don't know. The subtext is clear to me.

What do you think the response would be if people were wearing clan outfits in a mixed but predominantly white neighborhood?
 
Okay, one more thing. The cops were called on these guys, and apparently no one got arrested, though it seems one moron was asked by the police to leave. The other guy is still hanging around, with seemingly no ill effects.

Problem solved. Though I'm certain that Fox News (as well as other media outlets) will play this up for all it's worth as evidence of a new, rising reverse racism against good, honest, God-fearing white folks... yadda yadda yadda.

Next hysterical thread, please. :rolleyes:
 
One question... how do they know these clowns are with the Black Panthers? Did the two guys standing out front say they were Black Panthers, or is this just something that the reporter came up with as a way of pushing a sensational story?
 
I don't know. The subtext is clear to me.

I agree it looked a bit weird, but I saw no evidence of intimidation. As I said, there were plenty of people going in and out and no one was being stopped.

What do you think the response would be if people were wearing clan outfits in a mixed but predominantly white neighborhood?

Again, I ask you this question. What evidence does anyone here have that these two dudes were actually with the Black Panthers? Or were they just two guys wearing jackets that some people interpreted as Black Panther regalia? I sure as hell don't know.

All that said, I think it was a good thing the police told the guy with the stick to take a hike. Good on them.
 
Do you not have access to the internet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neGbKHyGuHU
I do, but that video does not show:

Philly cops already arrested the one Panther with the nightstick standing outside the polling place.
Nor does it show:
FOX News reporter Rick Leventhal is shown being harangued by the remaining 6'6" Panther dressed in full regalia.
Neither does your OP video.


Hey, I understand being skeptical, but I have no doubt some nutbar calling himself a Black Panther showed up with some kind of club at a polling place.
I also thinks it proves nothing but nutbars come in all colors,shapes, and sizes.
I absolutely agree. Those weren't the claims I was asking Cicero to support.
 
Up, you are exactly right. The videos do seem to show an ackward situation, but no evidence of...

1. voter intimidation
2. police arresting anyone
3. harrassment of the reporter

If Cicero keeps spinning like this, eventually he's going to acheive liftoff :rolleyes:
 
I agree it looked a bit weird, but I saw no evidence of intimidation. As I said, there were plenty of people going in and out and no one was being stopped.



Again, I ask you this question. What evidence does anyone here have that these two dudes were actually with the Black Panthers? Or were they just two guys wearing jackets that some people interpreted as Black Panther regalia? I sure as hell don't know.

All that said, I think it was a good thing the police told the guy with the stick to take a hike. Good on them.
The stick is what made thier intentions clear. Intimidation.

I agree. the police came, dispersed them, problem solved.
 
Again, I ask you this question. What evidence does anyone here have that these two dudes were actually with the Black Panthers? Or were they just two guys wearing jackets that some people interpreted as Black Panther regalia? I sure as hell don't know.

Well they had the berets too and a cursory glance at the "uniforms" they could very well be Black Panthers. Having said that I could walk the 20ft to the costume shop here and put together a passable outfit in 10-15min. Not to mention if this were a real effort by the Black Panthers I would think there would be many more reports of it happening.
 
The stick is what made thier intentions clear. Intimidation.

Yes, stick guy should have been asked to leave. Good move by the cops.

I agree. the police came, dispersed them, problem solved.

Correction, they asked the one guy to go. The other fellow was still there, and as the Fox News reporter stated, he had every right to be there.
 
Not to mention that the real Black Panthers is pretty much a Senior Citizen's club now......
Of course here in Sacramento the infamous "Storming of the State Capitol Building" from the 60's is remembered.
 
Where's Lefty when you need him?
Chasing down imaginary Nazis sent by the local radio station and the GOP to intimidate Obama supporters.

Anyway, fixed now! And also, here's another silly race-panic thread I can ignore. Because we all know a big white guy with a stick would get the exact same attention from Cicero and Wildcat.
Can't speak for Cicero, but I surely would. Got any examples David?

Exact same. Yup. Race not a factor at all there.
It's not. I also wouldn't be questioning whether a guy in a KKK outfit with a stick in front of a polling place was a real KKK guy, since anyone can dress in a sheet and hood... and therefore it's no big deal.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom