• Security incident: ISF was recently accessed by intruders. Please change your password, and change it anywhere else you used it. Read more

"Bigfoot" **Impossible** and not just non-existent?

^Not to mess with them, but to illustrate how easily one can have an odd experience in the woods, fill in some details, and the result can be a rather convincing "bigfoot" encounter.

The experience was real - the sound of bipedal footfalls coming directly toward us and then stopping dead about 10' away. I assume that the explanation is that a quadrapedal animal walked/bounded toward us but the cadence of its steps sounded bipedal to our ears.

Just want to add that I was not trying to impugn your integrity or your bush knowledge - but I truly know no-one that can always tell what type of critter is moving through the brush by non-vocal sound alone.

IIRC - Jim Flowers in the old BFF reported an experiment he had done to see if he or others in his party could identify bi-pedal movement. Nobody fared better than mere chance.
 
Last edited:
. . . I truly know no-one that can always tell what type of critter is moving through the brush by non-vocal sound alone.

I'm with ya. I hope I've been clear whenever writing about this event that it sounded like bipedal footfalls, but that doesn't mean it was bipedal footfalls.
 

ISF - Join now!

Every member here is approved by hand. No bots, no spam, just people who care about evidence and honest debate.

Membership is free!

Create your free account

Back
Top Bottom